Windows 10: Change default contact folder on android phone

Discus and support Change default contact folder on android phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have samsung s9 phone and using outlook365 exchange. I have 2 contact folders. One main one and i created additional contact folder to share with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph Jo, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Joseph Jo Win User

Change default contact folder on android phone

I have samsung s9 phone and using outlook365 exchange. I have 2 contact folders. One main one and i created additional contact folder to share with other colleagues.

On my phone i synced the contact, but i can only see contacts qithin my main contact folder. How can i change my contact folder on my phone to see contacts in other contact folder i created?

:)

Joseph Jo, Nov 6, 2018

2. Android, Change contact style (numbers, address order)

It should be possible to change the language other than your default location. This Sony support article describes the step by step procedure.
    Language settings – Sony Xperia Z3 support (English)

lorraine walsh, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Change default contact folder on android phone

Best way to sync mp3 folder to an android phone?

I've had the phone a few months . I been copying my MP3 folder to the SD card on the phone. That is not helpfull when I change mp3's around a bit and update playlists the thing spits out duplicate playlists and it gets worse if you wipe the folder and put a whole new in that only really has minor changes(and it takes like 5 hours to do 50GB) and streaming is worthless it eats up the battery.

Normally I'd figure it out by now but android has a different file system and the backup software I use dose not work with it. I've tried syncing apps on google store and none seem to work without bad lists everywhere.

Itunes did it without error for the most part all I need is something to do that without alot of bad lists. Apowersoft Phone Manager might do the trick. I hope it dose I really wish Android just made text lists of your music folder and not resort everything and they could with a simple option allow direct access to the SD card while it's in the phone.... not to mention why no USB3 for the s5+? LOL Oh well tis nto like I paid more than 250 for it all LOL If it was Icrapple it'd be a grand ><

ZippyDSMlee, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Change default contact folder on android phone

1. Change default contact folder on android phone - Similar Threads - Change default contact

2. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone: Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-live-account-contacts-not-syncing-to/e9584ab9-2d96-428f-bd3f-cdab5596b3b6
  3. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone: Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-live-account-contacts-not-syncing-to/e9584ab9-2d96-428f-bd3f-cdab5596b3b6
  4. How to optimize view of folders on Android phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to optimize view of folders on Android phone?: Problem summary: Can't optimize view of folders on Android phone. Ultimate objective is in Windows Explorer to be able to see "Date", "Date created", "Date modified", and "Date taken".StepsConnect Android10 phone to Win10 laptop via USBOn Win10 laptop, open Windows...
  5. How to optimize view of folders on Android phone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to optimize view of folders on Android phone?: Problem summary: Can't optimize view of folders on Android phone. Ultimate objective is in Windows Explorer to be able to see "Date", "Date created", "Date modified", and "Date taken".StepsConnect Android10 phone to Win10 laptop via USBOn Win10 laptop, open Windows...
  6. Outlook on Android - contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook on Android - contacts: Up front: I am not sure where to post this. I am sorry if it is placed into the wrong section. Am using Office 365 desktop on one side and Outlook on Android on my smartphone. The contacts within Outlook on desktop have been cleaned up recently. On the smartphone, when I...
  7. android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android phone: Since the recent win10 update, i am unable to connect my samsung galaxy s6. Nothing registers, no usb recognition : NOTHING, everythig worked fine before so it must be the update. Uploading my photos to laptop is vital for my work. Any help on this problem would be...
  8. android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  9. android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  10. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...