Windows 10: Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

Discus and support Change default download folder date by category to date sort only? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Pro 20H (Build 19042) Is it possible to change the default grouping (eg. Earlier This Week, Last Week, Last Month, etc.) to 'none' permanently?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bofhlusr, Jun 30, 2021.

1. bofhlusr Win User

Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

Windows Pro 20H (Build 19042) Is it possible to change the default grouping (eg. Earlier This Week, Last Week, Last Month, etc.) to 'none' permanently? Can I also *permanently* change the default sort to alphabetical instead? Thank you.

:)

bofhlusr, Jun 30, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Date separator in Downloads folder

Details, like it's always been, changed it to List and the sorting is worse, and the separators remain. And this only affects the downloads folder, Documents, Desktop, and other default folders don't show this.

Change default download folder date by category to date sort only? [​IMG]

Oh you said Group By, read that wrong. Date Modified, if i change it to Name or something else the date separators are still there.

kormath, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

Shawn Brink, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Change default download folder date by category to date sort only?

1. Change default download folder date by category to date sort only? - Similar Threads - Change default download

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  4. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  5. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  6. Folders sorted by Date Modified

Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  7. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  8. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  9. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

10. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...