Windows 10: Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams

Discus and support Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Our employer recently rolled out Microsoft Teams to our laptops and it was integrated with Skype so there is no going back to Skype.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DjukaYo, May 7, 2019.

1. DjukaYo Win User

Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams

Hello Everyone,

Our employer recently rolled out Microsoft Teams to our laptops and it was integrated with Skype so there is no going back to Skype.

When I start a chat with one of my colleagues and I want to send him an email from that chat, I click on his name in the top and click on the little email icon. Technically, that should open up a new email in Outlook but for some reason on my laptop it opens up Google Chrome, which isn't even my default browser.

I don't remember being asked which program to use for emails and even if the settings were imported from Skype (when the integration happened) this option worked just fine on Skype.

I was trying to find out where does MS Teams store settings such as these locally in the registry but I had no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thank you kindly in advance.

/edit

Going back to Skype is disabled and not possible, as was advised in this guide: https://tomtalks.blog/2017/01/disable-integration-microsoft-teams-skype-business/

:)

DjukaYo, May 7, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, May 7, 2019
  3. default e mail in Windows 8

I cannot send e mail on this Windows 8. Keeps telling me there is no default e mail associated. Looked on You Tube. Followed directions until I get to Mailto. Do not see in the list of defaults. Go into app store to search and a 4.99 app comes up.
    Where is the Microsoft outlook?

vickyrusso, May 7, 2019
  4. SAMSONJOE Win User

Microsoft Account Team E-mails

I have been having this very "annoying" Microsoft "verify" e-mail from the Accounts Team! I got a new cell phone not long ago, just ti use as an emergency to make a call or send a text. I don't have this phone on most of the time. I usually turn it on
    to use then I turn it off. But, it seems that "everytime" I turn the phone on to use it etc, I get a few "annoying" e-mails from the Microsoft Accounts Team saying that there is unusual activities on my account! This is so annoying!!! How can I use my cell
    and not get all these "annoying" e-mails from Microsoft? I have tried to cerify on the e-mail that it is me, on the accoubnt etc, but it is hard to verify and respond! I know Microsoft is trying to protect its users. but all these e-mails are annoying everytime
    I turn on and use my cell phone to make a call or a text!! Please stops this!

SAMSONJOE, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams - Similar Threads - Change default mail

2. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  3. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  4. change the default e-mail for windows license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change the default e-mail for windows license: I have been using Windows for 20 years and have moved to a new state. My old internet provider wanted my e-mail address back. My machine is still running fine, but I am considering replacing it. I am concerned about getting the new machine attached to all of my old records...
  5. Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app

Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app: DearSir , I have an email address on google and when i send e-mails to mycustomers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com and i am already usingthis service in google. Now, i started to use Windows10 Mail app and i...
  6. Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app: DearSir , I have an email address on google and when i send e-mails to mycustomers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com and i am already usingthis service in google. Now, i started to use Windows10 Mail app and i...
  7. configure the default e-mail application

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure the default e-mail application: I want G-mail to be the default email application on my Windows 10 PC - how do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-default-e-mail-application/255ae6ce-478b-4f95-b90a-8e7f313eee3e
  8. Changing default inbox in the mail app

Changing default inbox in the mail app: Whenever i open the mail app it shows the email that is in my inbox folder, but not all mails folder. Is there anyway to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-inbox-in-the-mail-app/40d950ab-adbc-4cc1-a867-5f11c6dae8bd
  9. From: Microsoft account team as an addressee on a return e-mail is rejected by Microsoft....

From: Microsoft account team as an addressee on a return e-mail is rejected by Microsoft....: If I cannot use the return address--there must be an error somewhere. Now on my e-mails. Microsoft cannot find an in-house address. Use of my e-mail address is sufficient to get an e-mail to my computer Use of my name is sufficient for a snail-mail to reach my mailbox. We...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417