Windows 10: change default email from outlook to gmail

Discus and support change default email from outlook to gmail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimmlp, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jimmlp Win User

change default email from outlook to gmail

I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default

:)

jimmlp, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Oct 21, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 21, 2019
  4. billbir Win User

Re: Gmail as default email

I have recently purchased a Windows 10 loaded Lenovo laptop. I want Gmail to be the default email client. At the moment, I can access Gmail, through Outlook.com but do not like the way it is presented and prefer Gmail's format. Is there any way that I can unravel this, so that when I click START and EMAIL it goes direct to my Gmail account, unaffected by Outlook? Any guidance would be much appreciated,

billbir, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. change default email from outlook to gmail - Similar Threads - change default email

2. outlook email change?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook email change?: In past I was able to delete outlook emails 20 at time and then go back and deselect those in the 20 I wanted to keep. Now when I select emails for delete it wants to delete everything in my inbox - thus now I must select each email individually to delete unless I want to...
  3. Outlook Fails AUTODISCOVER on GMAIL HOSTED EMAIL DOMAIN

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Fails AUTODISCOVER on GMAIL HOSTED EMAIL DOMAIN: Outlook 2010 & 2013 (both on Windows 10 Pro) fail to add a pre-existing GMAIL Hosted email account to an Outlook Profile (that also contains an Exchange-based Account). However, Surface Pro-based Outlook (version unknown) has no problem with this scenario. Anybody have a...
  4. changing default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing default email: When opening mail app, Windows opens with Outlook. I want the App to open with my att.net email. How do I change the default in order to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-email/8d8a7815-a2cb-4d3e-b730-e1ce1a3de3cc
  5. changing default email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing default email: I have an email that I use as a default and the backup email is long gone and we don't remember the password anymore how do we change the email now instead of waiting till a certain date....
  6. change default email program ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email program ?: how to change default email program from outlook to win 10 app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-program/b146b8b3-2491-48c1-bcc0-499ac61cfc82"
  7. change gmail password in outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change gmail password in outlook: I have changed my gmail password and no mail now downloading into outlook. When I go to account settings > change in windows 365 no password option appears...
  8. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  9. Re: Gmail as default email

in Browsers and Email
    Re: Gmail as default email: I have recently purchased a Windows 10 loaded Lenovo laptop. I want Gmail to be the default email client. At the moment, I can access Gmail, through Outlook.com but do not like the way it is presented and prefer Gmail's format. Is there any way that I can unravel this, so...
  10. Changing email default.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing email default.: I am attempting (my first attempt) to use mail merge. All goes ok until the very last where the system wants to default to Microsoft Outlook to send the emails away. I currently use Windows Live Mail. I do not wish to change my default to Outlook. How do I change the settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace e-mail with g-mail in outlook