Windows 10: change default file explorer?

Discus and support change default file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KibSquib47, Jun 27, 2020.

1. change default file explorer?

Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer

submitted by /u/KibSquib47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KibSquib47, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

change default file explorer? [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

change default file explorer? [​IMG]

4. change default file explorer?

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

change default file explorer?

1. change default file explorer? - Similar Threads - change default file

2. how to change default file explorer in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change default file explorer in windows: So, i basically want to set the default file browser to Windows File Explorerwhich is currently set to 'Files - File Manager for Windows' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-file-explorer-in-windows/06fd4938-48d7-4423-bdaa-c9d0236c2a7b
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. Change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  5. How to change default file explorer?

How to change default file explorer?: I just downloaded an app from Microsoft store called Files - Preview it's a really good app and I would like to use it as default file explorer I looked in the app and there isn't an option for it also no options for it on default apps submitted by /u/Kat_TRL [link]...
  6. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  7. Change windows default file Explorer

Change windows default file Explorer: I have downloaded the Files file explorer as it has tabs. How would I change it to be the default explorer? I want win+e to open it and it to open when invoking the explorer from other programs. submitted by /u/InTheKnow_12 [link] [comments]...
  8. Change File Explorer to default theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File Explorer to default theme: I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like [ATTACH]...
  9. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...