Windows 10: Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

Discus and support Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Rittman, May 5, 2022.

1. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts to opening up to the default view. I tried going in to the Properties dialog, but I was unable to change the target there. Is there any way I can do this?

:)

Paul Rittman, May 5, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2022
  3. Michael Win User
    Michael, May 5, 2022
  4. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

Can't open folders, which are pinned down to the taskbar (Explorer)

I have a problem opening folders that i pinned down in the taskbar.

Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11 [​IMG]

When I click a folder nothing happens (with the exception of "this PC"/"Your PC", in which case it actually opens what it should open)
    This problem is limited to Windows Explorer, pinned items for Chrome, Steam and Mozilla Thunderbird work just fine.

igratitude, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

1. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Change default folder

2. Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default folder Explorer opens up when pinned to taskbar Windows 11: I want to have the icon for Explorer on my taskbar, open up to my D partition where my documents are. I see from this article how to get it pinned to the start menu, and have it open up to D from the icon in my start menu. But after pinning explorer to my taskbar, it reverts...
  3. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  4. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  5. set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set default open folder in Windows File Explorer: I've searched the internet and tried lots of things, but I cannot set a default opening folder for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Please advise. And thanks....
  6. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?: Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need a little help to navigate where and what to change, please help *Smile This icon appears when you open any folder....
  8. Can't open folders, which are pinned down to the taskbar (Explorer)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open folders, which are pinned down to the taskbar (Explorer): I have a problem opening folders that i pinned down in the taskbar. [img] When I click a folder nothing happens (with the exception of "this PC"/"Your PC", in which case it actually opens what it should open) This problem is limited to Windows Explorer, pinned items for...
  9. How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i change the default dir when i open up windows explorer: My C: is for OS only My E: is for all my stuff I am tired of opening up explorer only to have to click serveral times to get to E: For example it says quick access or thispc. I want it to default to E: when i open up explorer Is it possible, and how do i do that?...
  10. Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut): I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10? 10574