Windows 10: Change default font in Word

Discus and support Change default font in Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darlene J. Brent, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Change default font in Word

How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you!

Darlene J. Brent

:)

Darlene J. Brent, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

See the below screen shots for steps #2 - #5

Screen Shots

Change default font in Word mVrRR.png

Change default font in Word Ai5aH.png

Pimp Juice IT, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Change default font in Word

default urdu font

Hi Iftikhar,

Changing your fonts in your desired font is possible in Word. For us to isolate your concern, may we know which version of Office are you using? You may click this
    link for assistance.

In the meantime, to set the default font on Word, you may follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Copy your required fonts and go to the Fonts folder.
    • Paste all copied fonts.
    • Restart your browser.
    Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Change default font in Word

1. Change default font in Word - Similar Threads - Change default font

2. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  3. Changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default font: Hello: Just want to understand why Windows 10 lacks a basic, simple function to select a different default system font. I see recommendations from Microsoft to use third party procedures and use regedit? Is this really the Microsoft recommended way? After performing a...
  4. Permanatly Change Default Font in Word PAD from Calibri to Verdana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanatly Change Default Font in Word PAD from Calibri to Verdana: Version 1909 (OS build 18363.901) Good morning, Can someone tell if it's possible to change the Default Font in Word Pad to Verdanr Permanently every time I open it' it has reverted back to the Calibri font it's just a hassle setting in it all up with my preferences only to...
  5. Permanatly Change Default Font in Word PAD from Calibri to Verdana

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanatly Change Default Font in Word PAD from Calibri to Verdana: Version 1909 (OS build 18363.901) Good morning, Can someone tell if it's possible to change the Default Font in Word Pad to Verdanr Permanently every time I open it' it has reverted back to the Calibri font it's just a hassle setting in it all up with my preferences only to...
  6. Change default fonts

Change default fonts: Windows 10 Pro 1903 I want to change all my default fonts to Segoe Bold, size 11 I can most of it with Winaero Tweaker, but not the system font. The font substitute category of the registry doesn't have Segoe. I found a site that explained how to to add Segoe to the font...
  7. Change of default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change of default fonts: Does anyone know how to fix this font issue? Did a registry edit, tried restoring to default and no luck. Please help. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-default-fonts/1b611ef6-f34b-4971-acb6-603be0572999
  8. it suddenly changed the default fonts

it suddenly changed the default fonts: I'm running Windows 10 on my laptop. The other day it suddenly changed the default fonts. I have Googled how to reset them and followed all of the instructions carefully but the System default option doesn't work. Can anyone help please....
  9. Changing default font

Changing default font: It seems the default font on this WIndows is Arial and it's really ugly, especially when reading an entire page in Chrome or in any other browser. Tried to change the font in all browsers- no result. It can change only the size- Arial still there. It bugs me that it's...
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...