Windows 10: Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!

Discus and support Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issue with changing default graphics processor in Windows 10 . Please help me solve it. So when I right-click on an application and go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaybeRaj, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MaybeRaj Win User

Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING!

I am having issue with changing default graphics processor in Windows 10 .

Please help me solve it.

So when I right-click on an application and go to Run with graphics processor option and click on Change default graphics processor , literally nothing happens. I expect some window popping up but it is just not doing anything!

Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING! 07589530-648f-4fe5-a2f0-a01d4a3d2d7f?upload=true.png

I did not had that problem before but after updating it stopped working.

I am running: Windows 10 Home SL, Version 1903 on my laptop: ASUS tuf fx505, NVIDIA GTX 1060 and Intel I7 8th gen.

:)

MaybeRaj, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to change the default VGA for HTMI connection

Hi Erdemilker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

What is the make and model of the 4K television?

If you have installed NVidia graphic card, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that work.

Set a default graphics card.

1. Open the NVidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the
      desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Manage 3D Settings under
      3D Settings.
    3. Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
    4. Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting).
    5. If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance NVidia processor.

I also suggest you to update the Video card drivers, follow this article on

Update drivers in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Change Default Display Adpater

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try changing the default graphics card through the NVidia control panel by following the steps and check again.

1. Right click on desktop and check if the NVidia control panel option appears.

-If not, type Nvidia control panel in the search box and open it.

- Press Windows key + R > Type control and press
    enter and try to locate the NVidia control panel.

2. Click 3D settings > Manage 3D settings

3. Click the "Preferred Graphics Processor" tab and choose "High performance NVidia processor"

4. Restart the computer and check the functionality.

Also, check if you are able to change the preferred graphics card from the in game setting after launching the game.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 5, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Change default graphics processor option NOT WORKING! - Similar Threads - Change default graphics

2. How to change default graphics? Universal default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default graphics? Universal default: I have been trying to figure out a way to get Windows 10 to default to my integrated graphics. I intend to use my Nvidia dGPU only during graphically/computationally intensive workloads. I basically want the 'Let Windows Decide' option in in the windows graphics settings to...
  3. How to change default graphics? Universal default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default graphics? Universal default: I have been trying to figure out a way to get Windows 10 to default to my integrated graphics. I intend to use my Nvidia dGPU only during graphically/computationally intensive workloads. I basically want the 'Let Windows Decide' option in in the windows graphics settings to...
  4. How to change default graphics? Universal default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Processor changing..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor changing..: Hi is possible to change the procesor and ram on a asus x540ma intel celeron n4000 4gb ram 1.10 GHz x2 ? Idk if this is the correct category[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-changing/a4e21689-fb94-4601-b286-f0b567e4c04d
  6. Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything

Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything: Windows 10 with NVIDIA processor: The "Change default graphics processor" context menu item should change the default graphics processor but it does not. [ATTACH] This setting can only be changed in the NVIDIA Control Panel >3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program...
  7. Run with graphics processor option gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run with graphics processor option gone: I’ve read that with the 2004 (I think it’s 2004, my pc is fully updated) update that option is gone. I want it back. I went to the windows gpu settings and selected some apps to run on “high performance” (1050) but when I open those apps, they do not open on the gpu and there...
  8. Photoshop graphic processor -

Photoshop graphic processor -: Hi, I need to access Perspective warp tool on photoshop. However, It is greyed because I currently have a Toshiba pro L850 1DT laptop with an intel R HD Graphics 3000 and am advised this is up to date. Adobe advise I check updates and get the latest drivers installed....
  9. Best processor to graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best processor to graphics card: What will be the best processor for this graphics card? https://amzn.to/2UHOiv9
  10. Changing default app not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default app not working: I installed Windows 10 Education 1803, and installed Notepad++, which is in my opinion, a far better Notepad. So I changed XML, TXT and other types of files' defaults to Notepad++. However, no matter what, they'll always open with their stock Notepad (or WordPad for XML...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change default graphics processor

2. change default graphics processor not working

3. change default graphics processor windows 10 not working

4. default graphics processor wont change,
  5. windows change default graphics processor,
  6. cant change graphics processor,
  7. change default graphic processor,
  8. why cant i change from my default processor,
  9. am administrator but cant change the default graphics prcesor,
  10. change default graphic processor not working,
  11. cannot change default graphic,