Windows 10: change default home page

Discus and support change default home page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set my default home page?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LynnMiller3, Sep 30, 2018.

1. change default home page

How do I set my default home page?

:)

LynnMiller3, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 30, 2018
  3. How to change the default font on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you willing to change the default font on Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on System

• There’s a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Erika Aro Win User

change default home page

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

change default home page

1. change default home page - Similar Threads - change default home

2. How to change default page setup for paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default page setup for paint: Hi, How can change defult page setup in paint and it stay that way I want use a print setting for all of my pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-page-setup-for-paint/fdb8f58b-6f90-4b68-ba7e-b2991b0b3999
  3. how do change home page to yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do change home page to yahoo: change my homepage to yahoo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-change-home-page-to-yahoo/bd858501-b706-4928-aedf-66aee51ce7d7
  4. Change default home directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default home directory path: Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pro server with a thinstuff tool to enable more than 3 remote desktop sessions at same time. This server has a 254 SSD boot disk with OS windows 10, and an extra 1TB Volume for data storage. My question is simple, i need to change the...
  5. changing home page

changing home page: How can I change my home page back to google without using the non-existent tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-home-page/77d5e6bf-fe6c-47d9-b27a-b933e9a4c900
  6. change my home page

change my home page: Using Microsoft Edge Don't want their homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-home-page/b3dfe85a-fe76-429e-8457-8ebc7a7d6f18
  7. Keeps defaulting to google home page

Keeps defaulting to google home page: I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know why as chrome is on my computer but not scheduled to start up at computer login. Why is this happening and how can I correct...
  8. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

in Browsers and Email
    Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page: I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close...
  9. How to change my home page back.

in Browsers and Email
    How to change my home page back.: Hi All, I have been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and have chosen Google as my home page. This morning I got a message from Norton (my security software) telling me to upgrade for free to Norton Safe. I did this and now it has made Norton Safe my home page. Try as I...
  10. Change " edge" to different home page

in Browsers and Email
    Change " edge" to different home page: Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page...