Windows 10: CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA

Discus and support CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am in the directory section of Orca.exe , In the picture below I would like to know where I put the directory where I want firefox to be installed??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElectricalBanana, Nov 13, 2019.

1. CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA

I am in the directory section of Orca.exe , In the picture below I would like to know where I put the directory where I want firefox to be installed?? John CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA 8dcf2a0c-8d31-424d-a9f4-a58fa604042f?upload=true.jpg

:)

ElectricalBanana, Nov 13, 2019

2. Cant install the Autocad getting error "DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619"

Hi Damien,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the installation of AutoCAD 2017.I will certainly assist you.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to download the ORCA from their website (program allows you to modify an MSI file) then follow the below steps.

If you have a thumb drive or DVD, you will need to copy the contents onto your hard drive.

• Navigate to the location of the installation files
    • Navigate to the x64 folder
    • Find the application folder:
    • INSTALLFILES\X64\Acade
    • Right-Click the acad.msi file and choose “Edit with Orca”
    Once Orca is opened, navigate to the “CustomAction” table

Notice on the right side panel under Action, there are a number of action items. Select each of the following items and right-click and choose “Drop Row”

• InstallPreJit
    • NgenCreate
    • NgenCreateRollback
    • NgenDelete
    • NgenDeleteRollback
    • UninstallPreJit
    Go to File > Save. Than close the Orca application.

Install AutoCAD application.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Changing the default directories on Omnia

Is it possible to change the default directories on the Omnia.

Ideally I want to change the default my documents and sub folders to my storage/my documents/ and same for the default program installation path instead of programs I would like it to be my storage/programs/

Also I know there is a registry hack to change the ringtone default directory, is there one to change the default SMS / Alarms tone directory?

Thanks for any help.

Jay_Samsung_Omnia, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA

1. CHange default installation directory in msi file using ORCA - Similar Threads - CHange default installation

2. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...
  3. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...
  4. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?: Hi.I'm using windows 10 64 bitSo, I divide my partition into 2 drives. C drive, 105 GB, exclusively for Windows, and B drive, for any other thingsI had already moved desktop, document, download, etc to B drive.my next problem is I would want the default installation directory...
  5. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?: Hi.I'm using windows 10 64 bitSo, I divide my partition into 2 drives. C drive, 105 GB, exclusively for Windows, and B drive, for any other thingsI had already moved desktop, document, download, etc to B drive.my next problem is I would want the default installation directory...
  6. How do I change the default installation directory to B drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change default home directory path

Change default home directory path: Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pro server with a thinstuff tool to enable more than 3 remote desktop sessions at same time. This server has a 254 SSD boot disk with OS windows 10, and an extra 1TB Volume for data storage. My question is simple, i need to change the...
  8. Changing Default Program Download Directory

Changing Default Program Download Directory: About a week ago I was researching how to change my default app download directory, because my SSD was getting low on storage, and I had an almost empty hard drive. To complete this task I went into regedit and followed the instructions on a forum to change the directory to a...
  9. Change command prompt default directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  10. How to change the default Quick Access Directories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the default Quick Access Directories?: When you delete the files inside %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations and %AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations directories, Windows 10 automatically recreates the default Quick Access directories (Documents, Pictures, etc.) Is there a way...