Windows 10: change default key settings

Discus and support change default key settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I've been having issues with my keyboard, out of nowhere my right arrow key is now set to the windows key and I can't figure out how to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kjeanbap, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Kjeanbap Win User

change default key settings

Recently I've been having issues with my keyboard, out of nowhere my right arrow key is now set to the windows key and I can't figure out how to change it back, if anybody could help me out that would be great.

:)

Kjeanbap, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 13, 2019
  4. change default key settings

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

change default key settings

1. change default key settings - Similar Threads - change default key

2. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  3. Notepad default print settings changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notepad default print settings changes: I have fixed notepad print settings using administrator login, now when I log in to standard user this settings changes and reset to default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-default-print-settings-changes/03026f9e-d6ad-4d4d-ba38-2d34b6197cb6
  4. Setting Notepad++ as default text editor requires changing a reg key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Notepad++ as default text editor requires changing a reg key: I'm trying to set the permissions of a registry key from the command line. Easy to do in regedit, but this is all part of a system customization script. The command line is; regini -h...
  5. Change default settings for a webcam?

Change default settings for a webcam?: Is there any way of changing the default-settings of a connected webcam? No, I'm not asking to change the default webcam, I'm asking about changing the default exposure-, white-balance- etc. settings so they don't have to be adjusted every single god damn time you boot up....
  6. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  7. Change printer default settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  8. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...
  9. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105
  10. Cant change default app settings

Cant change default app settings: Hi as stated I cant change any of the default app settings in windows 10. I tried to change my default browser to chrome,nothing happens after i click google chrome,its still edge. This also applies to other defaults like maps,music player,photo viewer etc. 59930