Windows 10: Change default language

Discus and support Change default language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Dec 15, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Change default language

Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida)
    They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French.
    I'm not the original tech and plead ignorance since I've never done this.
    So I can here.
    Anyone have a step by step?
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Dec 15, 2018

2. change the language in windows 10 home single language or change the windows to windows 10 home

Hi
    Nouralmatary

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community.

I do understand your concern, however I suggest you to try the below steps and change the language.

• Go to settings

• Time & Language

• Region & Language

• Add a language. Select your desired language. That can be UK-English or US-English.

Make it default by clicking on it and choosing "set as default". Go to options and download language pack.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 15, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Change default language

change language

Hi,

Let's change your system language by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Time and Language.
    • Open Region and Language.
    • Click Add a Language, and select the language that you want to use.
    • Click the language that you added and select Set as default.
    Update us with the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Change default language

1. Change default language - Similar Threads - Change default language

2. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  3. Change default system UI language

Change default system UI language: Hi. I want to change my default system UI language, but any method can't allow that. I tried everything i know about editing languages, but nothing changes the default system UI language.Windows Language Settings - Everywhere is English, but default system UI language is...
  4. Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default

Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default: Hi, I try to use the Microsoft speech recognition app and want to use it in my native language French. when I go to : - Settings -> Time & Language ->Speech I can change the "Choose the language you speak with your device" from English Canada to French Canada as it is...
  5. How to change default system UI language

How to change default system UI language: Because of some reason, I need to change the default system UI language. Is there any way to change the language to what I want? Many thx! [ATTACH]...
  6. default language

default language: How do I change default language in Office 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-language/d8433cbe-e10e-4868-86cc-a683f310fdad
  7. How to change the default language in win10?

How to change the default language in win10?: This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act as my default language. whenever I open an app, Chinese becomes my default languages. Here is my settings: [ATTACH]...
  8. I need to change the default system language

I need to change the default system language: I bought a PC from a friend, it has Windows 10, but the PC has the language in Spanish and I need to change the default system language from Spanish to English...
  9. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  10. Changing system default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing system default language: Hi, I got a windows10 edition in a specific language and I would like to change it to English. How can I do it? Will it become the original English version or it is only a translation pack? The only guide I found is this How to change the system language across your...