Windows 10: Change default log in screen to local user account

Discus and support Change default log in screen to local user account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I need help on changing the default log in screen using Windows 10 Pro. By default, Windows 10 will display on the log in screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fried_chckn, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Change default log in screen to local user account

Change default log in screen to local user account s-A2P69OOjSN64f1LEmorgawukp0T9CcNNL105Hz73U.jpg

Hello, I need help on changing the default log in screen using Windows 10 Pro.

By default, Windows 10 will display on the log in screen the last user account that used the computer before shutdown. In my case, I want the log in screen to display the administrator account even if I last shut down the PC from the non-administrator account.

Is there any way to do this? I want the log in screen to display the log in option for the administrator account again upon boot.

Note: I do not want to bypass password input and do not want the donotdisplay last name option (the one that requires you to enter both username and password). I just want it to show the admin icon and PIN everytime i boot it and not other accounts who used it last.

(Pic for sample)

Thanks

https://preview.redd.it/ppbt66igc1t...bp&s=876c38a490837bd97bcb888f3dea81bb24972d81

submitted by /u/fried_chckn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fried_chckn, Apr 13, 2021
  2. kiwi Win User

Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Almost!
    I found the user, but Windows in their great wisdom won't let me delete it.
    Is there a way to stop it attempting to log in there as default?
    Screen shot of the users listed.
    Change default log in screen to local user account [​IMG]

3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Change default log in screen to local user account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Change default log in screen to local user account

1. Change default log in screen to local user account - Similar Threads - Change default log

2. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  3. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  4. Prompt local user account to change their default password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt local user account to change their default password?: Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first...
  5. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  6. Can a local user be changed to a child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?: Windows 10 Home ver 1909 Hello, I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family? I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f but there's...
  7. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  8. Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Delete local user account or change default account on start up: I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove. I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start...
  9. New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in

New Windows Account changed my local User account can't log in: I tried to see Skype Video on Windows 10. Huge mistake. It asked me for a Windows Account. (I just finished understanding what Google Account means). I happened to have a Windows Account. I entered it and it accepted it. It then asked that I must also change the password...
  10. can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user"

can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user": when I create a new user account I can't log into it error: profSvc service failed I saw posts about changing something in C;/Users/Default User But I don't seem to have such a folder. I defined view settings to show hidden files and also system files, but I don't see...