Windows 10: Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

Discus and support Change default OneDrive screenshot file format in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning all, Whenever I use the PrtSc key a screen shot is automatically saved to my OneDrive. I really like that feature. The file format is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneralLee01, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

Good morning all,

Whenever I use the PrtSc key a screen shot is automatically saved to my OneDrive. I really like that feature.

The file format is PNG though.

Is there a way to force the screen shots being saved as a JPG instead ?

All help and suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Lee

:)

GeneralLee01, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

Screenshots are storing in an obscure OneDrive folder

My screenshots don't got to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots like they're supposed to. That folder is empty.

Instead, they all go to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Cloud Backups\OneDrive sync folders\Pictures\Screenshots.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling OneDrive's option to save screenshots. No difference.
    I've tried changing the properties of the default Screenshots folder to move it elsewhere and move it back. No change.
    I've tried hacking the registry to manually change the long pathname to the default one, but it resets itself on reboot.
    I've also noticed that screenshots are never stored locally (that is, C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots) no matter what I do.

Weird. Any hints or suggestions?

Win 10 Home 1909 (Build 18363.836)

RoadHazard, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

1. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format - Similar Threads - Change default OneDrive

2. screenshots in the onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screenshots in the onedrive: I don't remember how but I set the location of my screenshots PrtSc in the one drive. I really don't want each shot to go to the drive instead I wanna change the location back to the c drive, pictures. when I go to the file's properties, it doesn't show me the option to...
  3. Change Default Audio Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Audio Format: I currently have a Denon AVR paired up with Windows. Due to the AVR's surround sound upmixing, I need to change the windows "speaker setup" to stereo if I want upmixing on stereo content and 5.1 when in games with surround sound. Every time I switch from stereo to 5.1 and...
  4. changing a file format

changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  5. Change default save as file format

Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  6. OneDrive and Screenshots

OneDrive and Screenshots: I currently have a computer running windows 10, that was set up with One Drive. However, this morning when I tried to load OneDrive, it gave me a message saying "Sorry, there was a problem displaying this folder" I've tried reloading it, but it won't let me load or access....
  7. Cant change default file format

Cant change default file format: Hello! Once i stopped program called "File oppener" or something like that, thru task manager. Ever since i cant change default file applications. On this image i went on file, clicked properties, change file something, idk how is it in english, but you understand it, right?...
  8. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226
  9. changing file format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing file format: how do you change txt file to pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/changing-file-format/fb57ff45-456a-4307-bb4e-1e8d1c1eb605
  10. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...