Windows 10: Change default paste location on desktop

Discus and support Change default paste location on desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i copy something and paste it on the desktop, it goes to the top left corner, pushing all my icons to make space. I want it to be put at the end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kattiper, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Change default paste location on desktop

When i copy something and paste it on the desktop, it goes to the top left corner, pushing all my icons to make space. I want it to be put at the end of the list on the desktop,without affecting the location of other files.

submitted by /u/kattiper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kattiper, Apr 9, 2020

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Apr 9, 2020
  3. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Change default paste location on desktop

How Do I change the weather location on Desktop?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In Weather app by default it takes the system location. You have to search manually to look out for weather of particular location.

I suggest you to set your region and language and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Clock, Region and Language.

• Click on Language to set your language as default.

• Next select Region and in the dropdown select country as
      your region.
    There is no option to change the location of the Weather in Weather app. I suggest you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Change default paste location on desktop

1. Change default paste location on desktop - Similar Threads - Change default paste

2. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  3. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  4. default desktop and downloads location

default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...
  5. How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?: Hi I have a ZBook 17 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I was copying some files to my external HD. I don't know what I did, but somehow I changed the Desktop's location to the External drive. How do I correct this? I see where to change the location but I'm not...
  6. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  7. Change Default Installation Location?

Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  8. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  9. Changing default install location

Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...
  10. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...