Windows 10: Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

Discus and support Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theman128128, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that bothered me in 2 weeks now. Until I found a solution. Next to the Speaker icon, there is another icon with some settings for subtitles and sound. And there it shows two options under the sound headline. System sounds - AAC - 2 channel / Microphone - AAC - 2 channel.

The problem is that Microphone is set to default. So everytime I open a video, I have to change from Microphone to System sounds. How do I fix this? How do I make System sounds the default one?

:)

theman128128, Nov 6, 2018
  2. kjl1956 Win User

audio code c and playback extensions default reset to movies and tv

Audio and video playback extensions default reset to movies and tv.

avi,m2t,m2ts,mkv,mts,ts,wmv

kjl1956, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Movies and Tv appp back to back video playback

Hi,

Playback option is not available in Movies and TV app.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
  4. kjl1956 Win User

Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

audio code c and playback extensions default reset to movies and tv

So what formats does movies and tv use ? Are any in the list given part of those extensions ?

Most of microsoft apps do not give any information on this.

I can see the association had changed by the icon and its priorities.

Mkv, ts, ts2 and others were not supported for win 10 from my knowledge.

Vlc has been my default player for years due to the complete code c and format playback.

kjl1956, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

1. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV - Similar Threads - Change default playback

2. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  3. Setting Movies and TV as a default media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Movies and TV as a default media player: Hello!I would like to use Movies and TV as a default media player especially for .mp4 and .mov files but there seems no option including Movies and TV. Whats the solution?...
  4. Change speed on Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change speed on Movies & TV: How can I change speed on Movies & TV app on Windows 10? I wanna add SRT file and change speed of multiple videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-speed-on-movies-tv/33536089-d002-4fe3-8bdc-718fead19f8e
  5. Change speed on Movies & TV

Change speed on Movies & TV: How can I change speed on Movies & TV app on Windows 10? I wanna add SRT file and change speed of multiple videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-speed-on-movies-tv/33536089-d002-4fe3-8bdc-718fead19f8e
  6. Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies & TV stuttering playback 4K HDR 10Bit: Hi everyone,I cant make this app stop stuttering when playing 4k videos. I have increased buffer size in VLC and it plays 4k videos just fine. Any way to fix stuttering issue in M&TV? any way to increase buffer size or i dont know maybe cpu utilization? Win10 1909, 1080ti,...
  7. Movies & TV | Changing the default '30 second skip' to 10 seconds?

Movies & TV | Changing the default '30 second skip' to 10 seconds?: There is another thread asking this same question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skipping-in-windows-movies-and-tv-app-in-windows/95e9a885-0ae9-42a1-b47d-42f2b42a8f1d And this was the answer to the question to the thread that's now closed: I wanted...
  8. Playback issue in movies and tv

Playback issue in movies and tv: when i open movies and tv app it says playback issue send feedback how can we solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/playback-issue-in-movies-and-tv/43d0706b-57b2-4757-86b6-e2c74419d2f2
  9. bad playback issue with movies and tv app

bad playback issue with movies and tv app: I booted from win7 into win 10. I have a whole lot of mpeg2 encoded video files on the network in a shared folder. At first, the app could not play, offered a free codec for mpeg. I agreed, it installed, after a few minutes it played. The playback was smooth, good sound....
  10. Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 How to Change Default Download Storage Location for Movies & TV in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV...