Windows 10: Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files

Discus and support Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last thread 1571 replies. Still no answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jonathan G.Granato, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files

Last thread 1571 replies. Still no answer.

:)

Jonathan G.Granato, Aug 27, 2019

2. Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files

how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files

1. Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files - Similar Threads - Change Default Program

2. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  3. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  4. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing default app for opening GIF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default app for opening GIF: Windows 10 Home version 20H2, Irfanview image viewing/editing program Version 4.58 - 64 bitHow do I set Irfanview as the default App for opening GIF images? When I attempted to change the default app setting in "Choose default apps by file type" in Settings, Irfanview isn't...
  6. Change default program when opening .config file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default program when opening .config file: I mistakenly made .config files deafult open with WordPad and now i cant change it back to not open with any program, i can only choose "look for an app in the microsoft store" and "WordPad", i tried as shown on the picture doing it by settings > apps > default apps > choose...
  7. Gif on opening???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gif on opening???: I don't know if it's windows related, but a computer in my class has been... Locked? A gif of nyan cat (not joking) is consistently on, the moment the pc is turned on. No button input does anything, but we were able to enter the bios. No windows startup screen is shown, just...
  8. Changing Default Program for File Type

Changing Default Program for File Type: Hi, I had downloaded a file with .kmfs extension. What I was to do, but did not know then, was to rename it as .exe and execute the program. But, I had renamed it as a .pdf thinking the file is ready to read. Now, I want to change the file type default as nothing, so I can...
  9. Change default program for file types

Change default program for file types: I'm unable to change my default file type for .ini files, .md, etc. I'm trying to use Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code. I've attempted it multiple times by going to the file and choosing the default as well as through Default Apps. Anyone know a fix for this? I'm on the...
  10. Can't change default program to open files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change default program to open files.: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight. I already tried: right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you...