Windows 10: Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users

Discus and support Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/iJONTY85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1n12g/change_default_resolution_for_thinkpad_w550s/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iJONTY85, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users

/u/iJONTY85, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Update to Windows 10 not available from a validated OEM Win 7 Pro?

Perry,

I suggest you check the information on Lenovo's Windows 10 Upgrade Support pages starting here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/windows-support

The Thinkpad W520 is NOT listed as compatible with Windows 10, which may be the issue. The W530, W540, W550 and W550S are the only models in that 'series' that are listed as compatible.

Erdeslawe, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users

Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users

1. Change default resolution for ThinkPad W550s laptop for all users - Similar Threads - Change default resolution

2. Change default user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  3. Change default user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default user: I just had to totally replace my Windows 10 OS and now it's using deejh as the default user instead of wildchild1954, which is what it used to, and should still, be. Can anyone tell me in simple English how to make that back into the default user? I hate having to go...
  4. Change default user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  6. Changing default user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing default user name: Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the default user name to another so all the software/programs, including Dropbox, can be addressed to the new user folder. For example, the Windows is currently under the username "AaBb" so it defaults to...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Resolution All Users

Windows 10 Screen Resolution All Users: I need to install Windows 10 on 1,500 rugged tablets. We need to have all users with the same screen resolution. Is there a setting in either Group Policy or a Registry setting that I can use to ensure that each user will have the same setting?...
  8. How to change default image size and resolution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default image size and resolution?: Whenever I save a pic e.g. I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, opened in powerpoint, edited it then right-clicked save as picture OR I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, edited it in the default photos app and then saved it, the image sizes are HUGE . 3 MB at a...
  9. How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?

How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?: I decided to use windows 10 OS in my organization, but the problem is Windows Start Menu. Is it possible to modify default start menu for all computer local and domain users? I dont want to see news, finances, xbox etc tiles in start menu each time when new user will login to...
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...