Windows 10: Change default to USB video

Discus and support Change default to USB video in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm setting up for an exam but my internal cam quality is unable to detect my face. So, I connected a USB camera but there is no option to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LyaNepa, Nov 24, 2020.

1. LyaNepa Win User

Change default to USB video

Hi, I'm setting up for an exam but my internal cam quality is unable to detect my face. So, I connected a USB camera but there is no option to switch to it not even in camera settings. Need some guide.

:)

LyaNepa, Nov 24, 2020

2. How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs

I want to change the default win10 video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs.

JohnSmithQR, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Changed Videos folder and can't reset it to default or change it

Thank you for posting back.

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about "How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder"
    and try the troubleshooting steps provided there to change the the default location of your Videos folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Change default to USB video

Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To change the camera in Skype application from built in to USB follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open Skype application by searching it on the search bar on taskbar.
    2. Now click ellipses next to your name on the top left corner.
    3. Now click on Settings and select
      Audio and Video settings.
    4. Under Camera select the
      USB camera from the drop down list.

If you are using Skype for Business then you can refer the article

Set Video Device options in Skype for Business

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Change default to USB video

1. Change default to USB video - Similar Threads - Change default USB

2. Change default save location for Video Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default save location for Video Editor: Title should be enough, but I started using the built in Windows 10 app Video Editor. When I import videos for a project they are by default stored in my OneDrive/Photos/Video Editor folder. I don't have any need or want of those files being uploaded to One Drive. This caused...
  3. Change default action when connecting a USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change default action when connecting a USB: when you put a usb stick example in outlet you get a black box up asking what you want to do with this device. How can you change your choice to something else[Original Title: usb]...
  4. Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera: I want to set the default camera for videos e.g., GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom to a USB-connected Logitech Webcam PRO 9000. I have downloaded the Logitech software and confirmed the camera is working. However, while I see the Logitech device in Control Panel -> Devices and...
  5. Change system wide default video settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change system wide default video settings on Windows 10: On Windows 10 in the camera app there is an option to change the default video quality that it uses. However it only changes the settings of the app and not the system wide settings. I could not find any such functionality in Chrome in which I want to change. Is there any...
  6. Cannot change video default app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot change video default app: Installed software has change my default app for playing video. I have tried every possible way through the UI to make the change, but each time I select another app, there's a pause and then the screen goes black. Can an app lock this setting? If so, short of removing the...
  7. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype: how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? ***Original title: How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?***...
  8. Cant change the default video player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change the default video player: Hey guys, can someone help me? I cant change the default video player to MPC-HC it automattically reverts to Windows media player. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It wont change the default program and the videos still open with windows media player...
  9. changing a default

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing a default: How do I change the default back to ,pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/changing-a-default/a3d87691-bd9d-4c16-b3d9-fd3eff8aaa3e
  10. Default video and photo applications keep changing to Windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default video and photo applications keep changing to Windows apps: Hello! Sorry if this has been already asked, but it's kind of late and I'm tired, I don't want to go through all the threads. Just point me to the appropriate thread. Thanks. My problem is that I set Media Player Classic for MP4, MPG, AVI, MKV and other formats and...