Windows 10: Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

Discus and support Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Judesman, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close Edge and re-open it reverts to Sidmouth. If I edit and change to Always detect my location and save nothing happens. How can I set the default to my home town please? I have a desktop so I'm not going anywhere.

:)

Judesman, Oct 14, 2016
  2. Gerard 40 Win User

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Been using Edge as my default browser since downloading W10 a few weeks back...It,s a bit hit and miss with pages lagging and pages not appearing at all...

One thing I am tyring to do is change to my correct location on the home page.There is a summary of the weather on the right-hand side of the home page and for the life of me I can,t change to Where I live.It gives my location as 70/75 miles away. I have
    made my default location in Bing, Edge and it,s still not showing my true location.

Is this a Windows or MSN feature?

I have read on here about solutions but none seem to work.

Many Thanks...

Gerard 40, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Set up a homepage in Windows 10

What is the URL address for the default setting of Microsoft Edge? For example, I changed my home page to launch Yahoo, but I want to assign the default setting start page of Microsoft Edge to the home button. How do I accomplish this?

NatureBoy_69, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Assuming you are talking about MSN page, default homepage in Edge, you can change the default home location to whatever you want to:

Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page [​IMG]

5. Judesman Win User
    Thank you Kari. No I refer to the weather card that appears in the top right hand corner of the Edge Home Page, just below the settings icon. See attached.

I can change the location but when I save, close Edge and re-open the card defaults to Sidmouth again. I do not live in Sidmouth! There are solutions to this problem on the net but none work for me. The funny thing is the default weather location in the Start Menu Weather App works fine.

Judesman, Oct 15, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Did you even try what I suggested? It changes the home location of your MSN page, including the weather.

I have no issues with it.

7. Judesman Win User
    Yes I have done that and the weather card still defaults to Sidmouth.

Judesman, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

What is shown as your home location in Settings:

9. Judesman Win User
    My settings are not displaying in the same way, and the page has defaulted to Sidmouth. I despair. See attached.

Judesman, Oct 15, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    You need of course sign in first.

11. Judesman Win User
    I don't have a Microsoft Account. I didn't know that I had to have one to enable my location to be established.

Judesman, Oct 16, 2016
  12. Judesman Win User
    I am reluctant to open a Microsoft Account because I have heard of privacy issues. Apart from that I do not need to sync with other devices as my desktop is the only Win 10 hardware that I have. I have also read somewhere that signing on to MSN does not resolve the default issue.

I am wondering what the permission is that I require for the Edge location in settings. (Sites still need permission) See attached.

Judesman, Oct 16, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

This is relatively simple: If you want to set your home location on MSN, you need to sign in with a Microsoft account. Location settings for Windows or Edge browser have nothing to do with website MSN's settings.

14. Judesman Win User
    Against my better judgement I have created a Microsoft Account. I have signed in and set my home location in MSN and the Edge weather card. I have set these to Default and closed Edge and MSN. On re-opening they still default to Sidmouth. There is obviously something wrong here. I need to speak to Microsoft but I have no idea how I do that.

In Settings/Privacy/Location/Edge it still says that "Sites still need permission". What does that mean please?

Judesman, Oct 17, 2016
  15. Judesman Win User
    I do not understand this but I have re-started the computer and found that I now have to log in using my MS password something I didn't want to have to do. However I now see that in Edge and MSN the default location is now showing my home town. Presumably this is because I am logging in at start-up. Is that correct?

Judesman, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page - Similar Threads - Change Default Weather

2. changing home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing home page: How can I change my home page back to google without using the non-existent tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-home-page/77d5e6bf-fe6c-47d9-b27a-b933e9a4c900
  3. location on any msn home page; edge or outlook

location on any msn home page; edge or outlook: I have tried to change my erroneous location, mostly just for weather. I have changed the location, immediately rebooted...Nothing works. Why can't you guys fix this simple problem? Disgusting! It doesn't happen on my Google Chrome, on the same laptop. No matter what I try it...
  4. Weather location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather location: Every day when I open my browser the weather is for NY. how do I keep my weather location on Lumberton, MS.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-location/e5bcd2a7-1685-4b50-9242-b1a9c8da4045
  5. change default home page

change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  6. Weather Location and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Weather Location and Edge: When I open Edge browser it shows the weather in London (UK) which is near but not exactly local to me. Can the weather location be changed to suit my location without it reverting to London weather when I reopen Edge? 21949
  7. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  8. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084
  9. Change " edge" to different home page

in Browsers and Email
    Change " edge" to different home page: Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page...
  10. How to change the default location in the weather app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default location in the weather app?: I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it! Anyone? 5796

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change weather location on edge

2. see weather on edge home page

3. 0xffffa30070ed4580

4. how to change weather location on home page,
  5. change default home page in edge,
  6. edge weather location changing,
  7. edge home page looses location,
  8. show weather on edge home page,
  9. when i specify weather location in ms edge and save itstill reverts to wrong location next time browser opened ,
  10. how to change default weather location in edge