Windows 10: Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

Discus and support Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all. In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by adampembs, Jun 18, 2020.

1. adampembs Win User

Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all.

In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and ports 993 and 465 every time. I really dont understand why Office 365 still uses insecure email settings as default as well as no authentication.

Is there a way to have these enabled by default for all new email accounts?

thanks, Adam

:)

adampembs, Jun 18, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 18, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook - Similar Threads - Change defaults accounts

2. Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop: How do I change the default Windows Outlook account on my laptop? I am looking in 'Add, remove, and manage accounts' in settings, but there's no option to delete the existing, default account, and I can't see how to make my new Outlook account the default account. Any help...
  3. Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop: How do I change the default Windows Outlook account on my laptop? I am looking in 'Add, remove, and manage accounts' in settings, but there's no option to delete the existing, default account, and I can't see how to make my new Outlook account the default account. Any help...
  4. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  5. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  6. Changing default account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing default account: I just logged into a new computer and accidentally logged into my mum's microsoft account as the default account. How can I remove that account from my computer and set mine as the primary/default account?...
  7. Changing default account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default account: I just logged into a new computer and accidentally logged into my mum's microsoft account as the default account. How can I remove that account from my computer and set mine as the primary/default account?...
  8. Changing default account

9. Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?: Hi, I do computer repairs and replace mechanical hard drives with new SSDs. I usually setup a new Microsoft account when I do this. Occasionally I get the clients name wrong when doing this. So, I was wondering if there is a way to change the default Microsoft...
  10. Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account: Hi, My collegue has a new computer and I am trying to set up her Outlook email account on Windows 10. When I click on the Add account and Select Outlook.com I get Add your Microsoft account We use Office 365 at work - do I need to set her up an Microsoft account to...