Windows 10: Change Desktop folder icon

Discus and support Change Desktop folder icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brink, I have 2 other icons I am having trouble finding to change. Take a look at these screenshots and let me know if you have any ideas. The desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sjlariz, Sep 7, 2020.

1. sjlariz Win User

Change Desktop folder icon

Brink,

I have 2 other icons I am having trouble finding to change. Take a look at these screenshots and let me know if you have any ideas. The desktop icon in the file explorer menu did not update., not sure where that is being pull from. And in OneDrive folder my "Desktop" is synced but its showing the default icon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Change Desktop folder icon [​IMG]

Change Desktop folder icon [​IMG]

:)

sjlariz, Sep 7, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Change Desktop folder icon

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Change Desktop folder icon

1. Change Desktop folder icon - Similar Threads - Change Desktop folder

2. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  3. Desktop Folder Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder Icons Changed: Hi. I read a few complaints that the Folder Icons on W11 stay open when they should not. Here is my solution if you want to keep them closed.Go to Personalization, Themes, Scroll to Desktop Item Settings. Uncheck Allow Themes to change Desktop Item. Then create a New Folder,...
  4. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  5. change icon on desktop

change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  6. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show: Windows 10 Pro.I right-clicked a Win 10 Desktop folder named "Email", selected properties, clicked "Change icon", browsed to a folder on the desktop I created to hold downloaded icons and assigned a downloaded icon to the desktop folder. Got no error, but the icon does not...
  7. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show: Windows 10 Pro.I right-clicked a Win 10 Desktop folder named "Email", selected properties, clicked "Change icon", browsed to a folder on the desktop I created to hold downloaded icons and assigned a downloaded icon to the desktop folder. Got no error, but the icon does not...
  8. Changed desktop folder icon; icon does not show

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Desktop Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Icons: I changed my desktop folder icons through properties in the folder the folder is not a shortcut. I downloaded a icon and used that and every couple minutes, the icon changes back to its default. Is there any way to fix this?...
  10. Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...