Windows 10: Change desktop icons when hovering over

Discus and support Change desktop icons when hovering over in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Firestorm1514, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Change desktop icons when hovering over

I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray.

Is it possible to change the background color from the image on the left to the image on the right?
    Change desktop icons when hovering over ae6b6737-adee-4ae8-8dec-7a90df0afe23?upload=true.png
    Change desktop icons when hovering over c16fbdac-f8f2-4c0b-822c-f2a9fe1da350?upload=true.png

:)

Firestorm1514, Dec 24, 2020

2. how to change enalrged desktop icons on Windows 10.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand the monitor shows enlarged
    desktop icons on the computer.

Before assisting further, did you try changing the icon size on the desktop?

You may be facing the above changes on your desktop due to the altered icon view settings. I suggest you to check if you are able to change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right click on the desktop hover the mouse pointer over at View option.
    • Select Medium icons or Small icons (according to the requirement) from the option.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 24, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Paolo Mag Win User

Change desktop icons when hovering over

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Change desktop icons when hovering over

1. Change desktop icons when hovering over - Similar Threads - Change desktop icons

2. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.: The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the picture of the files but no text beside it. Please HELP....
  5. The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.: When I hovered over the application in the taskbar, I started to notice that the application icon itself did not display the application icon for several minutes. Only Microsoft apps do not immediately display icons. I didn't notice this before. Tell me, what could this be...
  6. When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I hover over the battery icon it says, "No Battery is detected".: So, recently I was doing my work and my little nephew was mad at me and he saw my laptop in front of me and smacked his hand over the keyboard. All of a sudden, the video which I was watching just hanged and made *beep beep* sounds. In short, the LAPTOP was hanged, neither I...
  7. remove pop up window when hovering over icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove pop up window when hovering over icon.: Hi. I've searched help files but can't find how to stop pop up windows when i hover over a taskbar icon. Any help would be appreciated as i find it very annoying. Thanks....
  8. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  9. How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?: Disable these little text previews when your mouse hovers over an icon on the taskbar? For some reason even when I cursor is somewhere else these annoying little shits are still taking up a precious 1% of my screen. submitted by /u/TheZergBerg [link] [comments]...
  10. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder: Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did they hide the setting ? Thanks 94601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show desktop icon hover

2. desktop icons hover

3. change desktop icon title on hover