Windows 10: Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Discus and support Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wikihera, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Wikihera Win User

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Dear Community,

I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice.

:)

Wikihera, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 2, 2018
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Changing Device ID via BIOS

It's possible to changing Device ID in RaBiT but without changing clocks and others ?

I want change in my bios Device ID X1950PRO 7280 to HD 4650 9498 and i don't know whether it will work, I like things to test.

Thanks for answers and sorry for my English because i'm from Poland *Wink Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? ;)

cotojestwtf, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

1. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? - Similar Threads - Change Device Machine

2. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  3. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  4. Is the Device ID unique on Windows machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Device ID unique on Windows machines?: Hey guys,Has anybody encounter this:We just found 2 machines that show the same Device ID on Windows Settings=>About isn't that supposed to be unique per machine?Thanks.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Is the Device ID unique on Windows machines?

Is the Device ID unique on Windows machines?: Hey guys,Has anybody encounter this:We just found 2 machines that show the same Device ID on Windows Settings=>About isn't that supposed to be unique per machine?Thanks.* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Is the Device ID unique on Windows machines?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  8. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  9. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Change Device id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Device id: Dear all, Please help as 1 of the game account has been suspended and is base on my device ID. How can i change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-device-id/ee11e618-175a-41b3-9aba-981dccc809e1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change pc device id

2. how to change device id in windows 10