Windows 10: Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Discus and support Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wikihera, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Wikihera Win User

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Dear Community,

I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice.

:)

Wikihera, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 2, 2018
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Changing Device ID via BIOS

It's possible to changing Device ID in RaBiT but without changing clocks and others ?

I want change in my bios Device ID X1950PRO 7280 to HD 4650 9498 and i don't know whether it will work, I like things to test.

Thanks for answers and sorry for my English because i'm from Poland *Wink Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? ;)

cotojestwtf, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

1. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation? - Similar Threads - Change Device Machine

2. Activation Key & Product ID

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Key & Product ID: Where can I find my activation Code in my windows 10 and How could I know its genuine from Microsoft ? and what's mean by Product ID when I click on proprieties on my computer ? Could some one answer my Question...
  3. Windows key issue along with machine id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key issue along with machine id: How to find my machine id of laptop? I have installed windows 10 in europe which create problem of comma issue with some of software. so how to get windows key ( installed ) as well as how to overcome comma issue in Belgian English?...
  4. Network ID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network ID: How do I get my computer to forget a previously used Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-id/9682949e-b34f-44b4-ba9e-82a4d735f2ce
  5. Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID: Hia. I recently installed a third SSD to my computer ( a Crucial MX500 2TB). Everything went smoothly, the drive behaves normal and everything seems good, however this time something weird happened with the identity on the device, it shows an incorrect model and ID in Windows...
  6. Controller ID Numbers Keep Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller ID Numbers Keep Changing: Does anyone know how to prevent Windows 10 from changing controller id numbers almost every time I reboot? Some way other than having to unplug and plug the controllers back into the usb ports each time to get them back in the proper order. 32603
  7. No Administrator ID

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Administrator ID: My friend Frank recently migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. In the process he ended up having to login via a Microsoft Account. But he was having weird problems, so as an experiment I converted him to a local account, cunningly named "Frank". ID Frank has...
  8. activate Microsoft Student ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    activate Microsoft Student ID: I have a problem that a student sent me a word .docx which I need to review and edit but can not do that because MS word is asking for a key. Can you help please? *Mad 65750
  9. Can't change Network ID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change Network ID: Hi there, Whenever I change my computer to home computer and reboot, it reverts back to it being a part of a business network. How do I fix this? 84255
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Machine ID

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Machine ID: Hi there ! I'm user of windows 10 Pro 64bit. I have version 1607 , OS build 14393.447. I'm using this system/computer for producing music. So, there are various VST instruments installed. One program/instrument requires, when i load it, activation keys and machine...