Windows 10: Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad

Discus and support Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently installed Precision Touchpad driver for my Synaptics touchpad, and it works like a charm. The gestures are plenty and smooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bintoro Adi Guna, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad

Hi,

I've recently installed Precision Touchpad driver for my Synaptics touchpad, and it works like a charm. The gestures are plenty and smooth. However, I noticed that I don't like the direction for switching desktops. Instead of swiping right to switch to the right, or left to switch to the left, is there a way to reverse this direction?

Many thanks in advance

:)

Bintoro Adi Guna, Dec 27, 2018

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Synaptic touchpad scroll direction not consistently reversed in Windows 10

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and am having issues with the Synaptic touch pad.

By default, two-finger swiping on the touchpad scrolled like a Mac (i.e. the scroll bars move against the direction your fingers move in). That's the opposite of what I like, so I went into the Synaptics ClickPad Settings (via the icon in the tray), and into the Two-Finger Scrolling properties (the properties button "conveniently" doesn't appear until you focus the row), and unticked the "Enable reverse scrolling direction" option.

This worked, except for two problems:

1. Whenever I restart, the setting reverts. It's not being saved properly.
    2. In the start menu, and other metro-windows-8-tablet-tile-thingy-style places, it still scrolls in the wrong direction! (But things in desktop-land are fine.)

Any suggestions? Registry keys to tweak? Updates to install?

The machine in question is an HP Spectre x360, if that happens to matter.

Craig Gidney, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Allan Win User

Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad

Increase Precision Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed?

There is no hack. At the moment the socalled precision touchpads just have no good driver, and two finger scrolling is essentially broken.

Allan, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad

1. Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad - Similar Threads - Change Direction Four

2. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  3. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  4. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  6. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  7. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

8. touchpad scrolling direction

touchpad scrolling direction: i just but a surface pro 4 for my mum and her ask me to change the touchpad scrolling directon. Ive searched some detail from google and those said that i can change the direction in setting touchpad gesture. However, i couldnt see any touchpad corner in the setting. How can...
  9. Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed: Hello, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ARE05 model laptop. I've been wanting to adjust the 2 finger scroll speed as well as how far I will scroll a page with one swipe inertia. I previously had a Thinkpad with a Synaptics touchpad and had access to their control...
  10. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. four finger gesture options not available microsoft precision touchpad

2. hp spectre adjust touchpad sensitivity

3. change mouse scroll direction windows 10