Windows 10: change display colors

Discus and support change display colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer now shows a osplay of black background with yellow letters ans numbers. How do I return to the factory settings??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliceChapman1, Nov 22, 2019.

1. change display colors

My computer now shows a osplay of black background with yellow letters ans numbers. How do I return to the factory settings??

:)

AliceChapman1, Nov 22, 2019

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 22, 2019
  3. frmamun Win User
    Changing Display Color of 5800 Express Music

I can not change the display color of my Nokia 5800 Express Music. Can anyone please suggest me how to change the display color.

frmamun, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

change display colors

Color Saturation changes while playing games

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Color saturation on the computer, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only while playing games?
    • Have you downloaded the games from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

You can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Updating drivers

I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Drivers.

4. Restart the computer if prompted.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Calibrating Display color Profiles

You can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, and then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

change display colors

1. change display colors - Similar Threads - change display colors

2. automatic display color scheme changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic display color scheme changing: Hey!im facing a problem in my laptop that the color scheme/settings are automatically adjusted to a warmer tone when i wake it from sleep or power it on. im using intel UHD G1 31.0.101.2121 graphics for display output, W11 22H2...
  3. automatic display color scheme changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic display color scheme changing: Hey!im facing a problem in my laptop that the color scheme/settings are automatically adjusted to a warmer tone when i wake it from sleep or power it on. im using intel UHD G1 31.0.101.2121 graphics for display output, W11 22H2...
  4. change display color

in Windows 10 Customization
    change display color: change display color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-display-color/46fd565a-6556-4f8c-9295-3c4fc882f932
  5. color of display

color of display: I have a new Lenovo laptop. I am dissatisfied wih the way the colors appear on the screen. They look browned out. Not true to the colors as they usually look on my other devices. Adjusting the brightness did not help. I want true blue, yellow, red, etc....
  6. NOTEPAD changed the color/tempature of the display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NOTEPAD changed the color/tempature of the display: So this issue has cropped up in the past. I had to wipe the system to get this taken care of. I want to know how to fix it without taking drastic measures. I heard mention that it's an outdated display driver well I highly doubt that since I just removed all display drivers...
  7. Changing colors in personal display mode

Changing colors in personal display mode: Hoping somebody out there can assist me. When I change the color settings on my screen to "match" a theme pic, I often need to go to find my own "color" setup. However, most of these are unusable because the contrast between dark and light is too small. For example: If I...
  8. Color Display

Color Display: I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, but I'm stumped. I closed out of a PDF Converter that automatically popped up when I'm online. When I did, all the colors on my computer went to black. I managed to fix my desktop, tool bar, and internet colors. However, the...
  9. display color

display color: my daughter changed so much on my display that the colors are off. I have recovered to factory settings 2x but still no help the colors are so off im not sure what they were originally which I am looking for. any suggestions...
  10. display colors

display colors: When i upgraded to windows 10 on my toshiba laptop the display changed from black printing on a white background to blue printing on a black background which i can"t read. my old eyes aren't working so well any more and i would like to switch back to the black on white. a...