Windows 10: Change Display language on HOME edition

Discus and support Change Display language on HOME edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my laptop was delivered in my native language, Dutch. However, I always work in English and prefer that the Display language is also English My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harpert, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Harpert Win User

Change Display language on HOME edition

my laptop was delivered in my native language, Dutch.
    However, I always work in English and prefer that the Display language is also English

My start Menu says " instellingen" and not " Setteings"

I followed the instructions
    added a language in the settings menu Region & Language
    set the language as defailt, logged out and logged in...
    Nothing changed
    Restarting has no result also.

Might it be that HOME versions don't have the Change Dipslay Language option?

Thanks

:)

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Home Single Language - Change Display Language

Hi,

I have a laptop that came pre-installed by the manufacturer with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The display language is English US. Is there any way to change the display language to another language such as Greek? I don't want to have multiple display
    languages, which I know that is a feature supported in Home and Pro editions. I just need to replace the current display language or reinstall and use Greek as the sole display language. Is this possible or is the product key tied to the current display
    language and therefore I am forced to use that display language?

Thanks in advance.

Yiannos Yiangou, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Difference between windows 10 home simple language and windows 10 home chinese version

Hello, I have just bought an ASUS computer in China with the Win10 home edition chinese version. I know I can not change the display language so I want to switch to a Win10 home edition single language (french for example).

Question : Can I use my win10 home chinese version licence key to make a clean install with a win 10 home single language (french) ?

Thank you for the answer.

Mathieule Chinois, Aug 17, 2015
  4. chaimdan Win User

Same question, you ever figure it out?

chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015
  5. If it's Home Single language you may have to install a language pack.

alphanumeric, Dec 7, 2015
  6. chaimdan Win User
    I downloaded a CAB language pack I found but it said it wasnt compatible....

chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015
  7. As far as I know, the product code isn't language specific, just version specific. If you run this utility it will tell you if your running Home SL or regular Home. Then just go here and download the version you need in the language you want and do a clean install. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10 Assuming you don't need both languages installed. I've never installed a language Pack or switched/added a second one.

alphanumeric, Dec 7, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Display language on HOME edition - Similar Threads - Change Display language

2. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  3. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  4. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

6. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

9. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

10. Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition: I have just purchased a Russian Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, but though I can download language packs, I can't change the system language to English. I have tried the various options on other threads here, but none work. Can anyone help please?...