Windows 10: Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

Discus and support Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChickenNuggets329, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated with them, and I have been unable to remedy this issue by removing and re-adding accounts, and resetting data for the entire app. I don't have the option to do this under sync settings or any other tab it seems.

:)

ChickenNuggets329, Jul 24, 2020

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated with them, and I have been unable to remedy this issue by removing and re-adding accounts, and resetting
    data for the entire app. I don't have the option to do this under sync settings or any other tab it seems.

I am using the Windows 10 Mail app. This is where the problem happens, not when I send email on the gmail website.

ChickenNuggets329, Jul 26, 2020
  4. PrimalZed Win User

Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

The goal is to change the display name attached to the email address on outgoing emails. This is displayed in the FROM section of the received email as (for example) "John Doe <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". So far as I can tell, there is not a way to change what goes
    into the "John Doe" display name, which is very frustrating. This needs to not only be changeable, but changeable for each individual email account used in the Mail app.

edit:

I found it for when using third party (not @outlook.com) email addresses in the Mail app:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.
    I'm pretty sure that for @outlook.com emails, it just uses the display name from https://account.microsoft.com account settings.

PrimalZed, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

1. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts - Similar Threads - Change display name

2. windows live email account name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows live email account name change: Hello, Windows live email does not display my name as i want. How can i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-email-account-name-change/0afcb3f4-68a5-43e2-ba13-183c100c8a0e
  3. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  4. How can I change the name display of my email account in Mail?

How can I change the name display of my email account in Mail?: I newly added my Gmail account to Mail app but it keeps displaying the wrong name every time I sent an email. I tried to update in the Gmail settings but it fails to sync in the Mail. I really like using Mail as a built-in app. Please help me with this!! The wrong name makes...
  5. Email as display name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email as display name: Hello Everyone, I'm having trouble changing the display name of my account at login screen. I like everything clean on my devices but some reason, I cannot change my display name at log-in screen. I've tried the control panel as well as managing my account online and no...
  6. Changing Account Name After Email address change

Changing Account Name After Email address change: Hello: I changed my email address from a .kr one to an outlook one, though they're still the same address -- just with different email boxes appended. I now can't change my name on my computer. It works online I followed the directions!, but not on the system. Would...
  7. Outgoing Emails

Outgoing Emails: A few days ago, my Windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped outgoing emails being sent. There was a error message which stated 'There was an error while sending your message'. This error message appeared even before I had finished writing my message! My outgoing server setting is:...
  8. Microsoft Account Name - email address change

Microsoft Account Name - email address change: I have my account using an OLD email address, how do I change it to new address from another provider? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-name-email-address-change/a6d986bc-adb6-4d78-a05e-7e61c8b2b7db
  9. Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails

Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails: I have several GMail accounts added/linked to the Windows Mail app. I noticed that some of them started displaying a shorter version of my name which I don't prefer when I send emails. So, the recipient of those e-mails would see the sender me with a name that I don't...
  10. NBN and outgoing emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NBN and outgoing emails: I have just been connected to NBN. I cannot now send emails from Outlook. I can recieve them though. Can anyone advise, in words of one syllable. :) I have selected a 'Window's topic'. But cannot see one that actually fits my needs. Patrick...