Windows 10: Change Domain Timeout

Discus and support Change Domain Timeout in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi yeah, so our company computers are part of an AD and domain. If I mis-type my password logging in while not connected to the company network (this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaldarash, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Change Domain Timeout

Hi yeah, so our company computers are part of an AD and domain. If I mis-type my password logging in while not connected to the company network (this is permitted) the timeout is insanely long. Maybe a full minute? And if I need to put my admin credentials for an application while not connected, it's the same.

Is there some way to lower this timeout period on the machine side? GP, registry, what have you.

submitted by /u/kaldarash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaldarash, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jun 11, 2020
  4. changari Win User

Change Domain Timeout

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Change Domain Timeout

1. Change Domain Timeout - Similar Threads - Change Domain Timeout

2. Batch file to change screen timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch file to change screen timeout?: Would anyone know if it's possible to write a batch file that can modify the minutes before screens turn off? I can find one for Windows sleep, but not specifically only the screen timeout. submitted by /u/Logical-Midnight6699 [link] [comments]...
  3. How to change timeout of backlit keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change timeout of backlit keyboard: Hi,Want to extend amount of time the backlit keyboard remains on in a Windows 11 laptop. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-timeout-of-backlit-keyboard/901393fc-86d2-4096-acd7-0ac142da4128
  4. Change 'Device not recognised' timeout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change 'Device not recognised' timeout?: I have several external USB3 drives, mains AC powered, which I use regularly; there are not enough USB ports on my PC to plug them all in directly, (and the access to the USB ports is impossible anyway without my shifting furniture every time), so I connect them via a hub,...
  5. Change 'Device not recognised' timeout?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change 'Device not recognised' timeout?: I have several external USB3 drives, mains AC powered, which I use regularly; there are not enough USB ports on my PC to plug them all in directly, (and the access to the USB ports is impossible anyway without my shifting furniture every time), so I connect them via a hub,...
  6. display sleep timeout suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display sleep timeout suddenly changed: This evening my screens went to sleep several times and when I checked in the settings it had been set to 1 minute. I'm the only one using this computer and this setting is normally at 15-20 minutes, I can't remember exactly but definitely not 1 minute. How on earth could...
  7. display sleep timeout suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    display sleep timeout suddenly changed: This evening my screens went to sleep several times and when I checked in the settings it had been set to 1 minute. I'm the only one using this computer and this setting is normally at 15-20 minutes, I can't remember exactly but definitely not 1 minute. How on earth could...
  8. Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings: I'm having an issue finding what is enforcing timeout-to-lockscreen on a domain Win10 version 1909. Here is what I have done so far: - Per our GPO administrators, no policy is currently active on the device that would cause the timeout - In Power Options>Edit Plan...
  9. Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Display Settings - reversion timeout: Does anyone know of any way to change the "settings timeout" when changing display properties? For instance: I have a monitor that I share between work and home, and flipping between the two is somewhat convoluted. Long story short, I change the settings on my home...
  10. how to change screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change screen timeout: how to change screen time out setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-timeout/3a2fad57-aad6-42ab-9db1-70741c2b4b23