Windows 10: Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

Discus and support Change download folder location but still saves to original drive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all. I changed the Download folder location from my OS Drive (C:\) to my (F:\) drive. However, even after making this change, items are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Supertaquito, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

Hey all.

I changed the Download folder location from my OS Drive (C:\) to my (F:\) drive. However, even after making this change, items are still being downloaded into the C drive, and cannot be found on the folder assigned for the downloads in my F drive.

Am I missing something? The location is changed when I view the properties for the download folder, but there is still a Downloads Folder under C:\users\name\downloads that my downloads are being routed to instead. This is just a regular folder called downloads which cannot be deleted or have its location modified.

Thanks for the help!

:)

Supertaquito, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Gokul GR Win User
    Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

But the problem is whenever I click the properties of Downloads
    folder, it is showing the properties dialog box of E-drive partition. How could I solve this?

Gokul GR, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

Unable to restore original downloads folder location

Dear community,

I have a new Windows 8 computer.

The hard drive is separated in two, OS (CChange download folder location but still saves to original drive. :) and DATA (DChange download folder location but still saves to original drive. :) and I realised that all my files were being stored in drive C:

I read online that you could modify where folders like 'My documents' are stored by clicking Properties and change the location to the other disk.

I did it for the Documents folders and everything was fine, I now had a Documents folder in my D: drive.

Then, I did the same with my Downloads folder, and selected the location D:\

After this I realised that my D: drive and the Downloads folder had completely merged !!

Which meant, when I was going to my DATA (DChange download folder location but still saves to original drive. :) I could find all my downloads as well as my Documents folder.

All the same, when I was clicking on Downloads, my Documents folder was in it!

So I clicked on Downloads and tried to restore default location but I got the error message that it was impossible to "create sub-lists under D: System Volume Information. Access Denied". I tried to input the location manually but the same occurred.

Now, my Downloads folder has changed name, it is called D:\ and my DATA (DChange download folder location but still saves to original drive. :) drive says in the Location tab that its default location is in C:/Users/Downloads

I don't understand why this happened and surely this can't be very good for the good functioning of my PC...

Could I restore my system to just before it happened even though I never 'saved' my computer?

Otherwise, what can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Khan

khan saheb 22, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

1. Change download folder location but still saves to original drive. - Similar Threads - Change download folder

2. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  3. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  4. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  5. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  6. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  7. Changing downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing downloads folder location: I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it? I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628) This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side...
  8. Change default save location to a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...
  9. Unable to restore original downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to restore original downloads folder location: Dear community, I have a new Windows 8 computer. The hard drive is separated in two, OS (C:) and DATA (D:) and I realised that all my files were being stored in drive C: I read online that you could modify where folders like 'My documents' are stored by clicking...
  10. Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive: I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp Edit: Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game 76560