Windows 10: Change drive from where the OS Boots up

Discus and support Change drive from where the OS Boots up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 3 drives C: ,D: , E: . Drive D: is on a external bay. Where I look at Disk Management I see for see ( Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jonny80, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Change drive from where the OS Boots up

I have 3 drives C: ,D: , E: . Drive D: is on a external bay. Where I look at Disk Management I see for see ( Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) on the Disk, Drive D: (System, Active, Primary Partition), E: (Primary Partition) . If I remove D: the system doesn't boot up because it says it can't find the OS, which it is installed on C: . I wonder if there is anything I can do to have the system running from C: otherwise I can't remove D: ever.

submitted by /u/jonny80
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jonny80, Dec 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

iv'e had too many problems to list like that, thats why i suggested disconnecting the original drive(s) and using the BIOS to choose what drive to boot from.

Mussels, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Change drive from where the OS Boots up

How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Change drive from where the OS Boots up

1. Change drive from where the OS Boots up - Similar Threads - Change drive where

2. OCI cloud the OS from windows will not boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OCI cloud the OS from windows will not boot up: Hello all,I'm cloud engineer , my case is, i have a VM with windows 10 OS when i try to clone this VM using 3 different ways suggested from Oracle support team it will not boot up and will be stuck on the windows recovery and will not boot the image cloned from the instance,...
  3. OCI cloud the OS from windows will not boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OCI cloud the OS from windows will not boot up: Hello all,I'm cloud engineer , my case is, i have a VM with windows 10 OS when i try to clone this VM using 3 different ways suggested from Oracle support team it will not boot up and will be stuck on the windows recovery and will not boot the image cloned from the instance,...
  4. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change disk from where device boots ?: Hi I assume my pc is using disk 1 to boot up where theres a unlicensed windows 7 version. My licensed windows 10 version in on the the C drive which is on Disk 0.But the PC will always boot with Windows 7. I gather I need to change the boot drive to Disk0? Hiw do i that ?...
  5. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change disk from where device boots ?: Hi I assume my pc is using disk 1 to boot up where theres a unlicensed windows 7 version. My licensed windows 10 version in on the the C drive which is on Disk 0.But the PC will always boot with Windows 7. I gather I need to change the boot drive to Disk0? Hiw do i that ?...
  6. Change disk from where device boots ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing OS drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing OS drive: So, my HDD is getting old, and I am planning maybe getting an SSD as my OS drive. I'll reset my HDD, but I just want to know how to change it over without having to pay for it again seeing as it is still the same computer. I'll then use the HDD as the one where I keep files...
  8. Boot Up From Recovery Drive

Boot Up From Recovery Drive: So, I made a recovery drive on a USB. Easy enough. Now, as far as researching exactly how to get to the boot selection menu should I ever have trouble, I'm seeing like 97 different answers What is the way to get to the boot selection menu? If there are several methods, what...
  9. Changing boot drive from HD to USB for OS install

Changing boot drive from HD to USB for OS install: I am installing an SSD and Windows 10 at the same time. Need to know how to change the boot drive to the Windows 10 USB. Currently on Windows 7. Thanks...
  10. Switching the OS from one boot drive to the next

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching the OS from one boot drive to the next: I have two SSD's one an NVME M.2 and I want to switch the OS from my old one to my new one(NVME). Freeing up all the space in the old drive to put files on I need fast access to....