Windows 10: Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Discus and support Change duration of an imported video in Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DTheT, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DTheT Win User

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Hello

I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change the duration?

Many thanks

:)

DTheT, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app

Hello Robert386,

Thank you for writing Microsoft Community Forums.

We can change the duration of pictures individually, but we do not have an option to change the duration of the entire video. So, it’s recommended to change the duration of each picture to increase the duration of the video.

Also, the feature you’ve requested for, is a great one. There may be other users with the similar requirements. However, as for now, this particular feature is unavailable. Hence, I suggest you to post a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub, so that our Developer team can have a look
    into it and include that in the future updates.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Hi Karl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. How are you trying to import the camera photos onto your computer?

If the Photos Application is just disappearing, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store and then try to import the photos
    from your camera onto your computer.

You might not be able to directly import the photos from your camera to a specific folder in the Photos application, so I suggest you to import the photos from your camera and it will appear in the Collection tab in the Photos application. Then, you
    will be able to create an Album for all those pictures.

Else, once you connect your camera to the computer, you can go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on your camera > Copy the photos that you want by selecting the photos and pressing the
    Ctrl and C keys > Then, paste those photos in a specific folder that you have created.

If you want this folder to be visible in the Photos application, then you just need to go to
    Folders tab beside to Albums tab > Click on
    Add a folder
    > Then, select the folder where the photos are located.

For reference, you may also refer Import photos and videos from phone to
    PC
    and the section Import photos and videos from
    See all your photos and check if this helps.

You may also follow the suggestions
    provided by Andre Da Costa dated December 21, 2015.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Photo import procedure?

Hi Duanestory,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

1) How are you exactly trying to import the photos in Windows 10?

2) Where exactly you refer to, when you say " box that displays them has no "import" button"? Is it in Photos app/any other source?

Follow the below steps to import the photos from your phone through Photos app and check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu, type Photos in search bar results and click on Photos app from the search bar results.
    • Click on the (...) Symbol at the top right corner of the Photos app.
    • The icon next to (...) Symbol is the Import icon, Click on it.
    • Follow on screen instructions to import the photos from the connected device to your computer (Android/Windows/other device)
    Reference: I suggest you to refer the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

The above article applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

1. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App - Similar Threads - Change duration imported

2. Microsoft Photos changes duration autimatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos changes duration autimatically: Hi,I have a huge problem and this really **** me off. I want to make a nice first birthday video for my baby boy and I added several photos and videos and so on. I cropped the video to the right positions and adjusted everything. How every the Photos app changes durations by...
  3. Microsoft Photos changes duration autimatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos changes duration autimatically: Hi,I have a huge problem and this really **** me off. I want to make a nice first birthday video for my baby boy and I added several photos and videos and so on. I cropped the video to the right positions and adjusted everything. How every the Photos app changes durations by...
  4. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  5. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  6. How to change duration times on multiple photos on photo app

How to change duration times on multiple photos on photo app: Hi, I have used windows movie maker in the past and I am now trying to learn Windows 10 photo app. The only issue that I have is how to change multiple photos that I have imported from an external hard drive onto the story line and I am wanting to change the duration time...
  7. How to change duration times on multiple photos on photo app

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change duration times on multiple photos on photo app: Hi, I have used windows movie maker in the past and I am now trying to learn Windows 10 photo app. The only issue that I have is how to change multiple photos that I have imported from an external hard drive onto the story line and I am wanting to change the duration time...
  8. Video import format with Photos app

Video import format with Photos app: If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a digital format, such as WMV or MPG4, or does it save to some form of analog format? I don't want to edit the video file. I just...
  9. Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app

Change the duration for slideshow in the Photos app: How can you change the duration, motion, etc.., for all slides across the board for all. Or do you have to do them individually? ***Title modified from Photos duration, motion, etc.***...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...