Windows 10: Change edge color in WSL terminal?

Discus and support Change edge color in WSL terminal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i use multiple terminals in WSL using the standard color scheme (black background, white text) and they overlap, it's hard to see where one start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/worldcitizencane, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Change edge color in WSL terminal?

When i use multiple terminals in WSL using the standard color scheme (black background, white text) and they overlap, it's hard to see where one start and another ends.

If I change to white background and black text there is a thin black frame/edge to the window. Is there any way to change the color of that, for example to match the text color?

Hope this makes sense...

submitted by /u/worldcitizencane
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/worldcitizencane, Aug 19, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Change edge color in WSL terminal?

Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Change edge color in WSL terminal?

1. Change edge color in WSL terminal? - Similar Threads - Change edge color

2. How to change Color Scheme for a Profile in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Color Scheme for a Profile in Windows Terminal: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal provides a built-in feature to change the appearance of a profile (Command Prompt, PowerShell profile, etc.) using the different options. For example, there are options available to change font size and font weight for a profile, change background...
  3. Is it possible to create a shortcut that will open WSL in Windows Terminal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create a shortcut that will open WSL in Windows Terminal?: The title says it all. I'd like to be able to open WSL in Windows Terminal without having to open the terminal, then either click the down arrow > Ubuntu or type wsl. submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Terminal Color issue

Windows Terminal Color issue: [ATTACH] I don't know that this is Terminal issue or ANSI issue But It's not good at all Some text has a transparent background and this one which is GREEN Scheme in my case So when I enable Acrylic this would be ugly Windows Terminal Last version with Acrylic...
  5. Windows Terminal + WSL + Oh-My-ZSH + PowerLevel10k = Nice Looking Windows Terminal

Windows Terminal + WSL + Oh-My-ZSH + PowerLevel10k = Nice Looking Windows Terminal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rich_cookie_dude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4fiqv/windows_terminal_wsl_ohmyzsh_powerlevel10k_nice/
  6. Can you change the title-bar color of the new Windows Terminal?

Can you change the title-bar color of the new Windows Terminal?: [IMG] I use the light Windows theme in general but for the new Windows Terminal it's title-bar is always a ugly gray, even if I enable title-bar coloring in Windows. Can I change it somehow? I saw people with a dark title-bar but I guess that's only available for dark-mode...
  7. Mouse cursor size reduced for documents in WSL Linux terminal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor size reduced for documents in WSL Linux terminal: Dear Windows 10 users, I am new to windows 10 coming from Linux background. I have Windows 10 Pro in my pc. I am using WSL Ubuntu Linux bash shell in my Windows 10. I found that the cursor size of mouse getting reduced when I hover it on a document opened from WSL bash...
  8. COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER

in Windows 10 Customization
    COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER: How do I change the is horrible red & pink font color in Microsoft Edge? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/color-change-edge-broswer/881b36f0-17b4-4215-9272-5e373e2eca37
  9. Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Foreground and Background Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux...
  10. How to change an irritating color/design in Edge mail...

in Browsers and Email
    How to change an irritating color/design in Edge mail...: Dell Desktop; Win10; Firefox; WLMail] Hello, I just started using the Edge email (to see if it's better than WLMail) and found the background of the Edge mail Inbox very depressing to me. I tried and tried to change it into a solid soft teal but haven't been able to do it....