Windows 10: Change email address associated with Windows 10 user

Discus and support Change email address associated with Windows 10 user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I created an Windows 10 account standard for my daughter a few years ago but used my email. She now has her own email account hotmail so I tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jebetancur, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Change email address associated with Windows 10 user

Hi

I created an Windows 10 account standard for my daughter a few years ago but used my email.

She now has her own email account hotmail so I tried to add it on her Windows 10 account but could not do it. Her new email has the parental controls to limit screen time reason I am trying to link it to her existing Windows user.

Will appreciate some guidance here.

:)

jebetancur, Apr 10, 2020

2. How to change email address associated with a local user account

I have two local user accounts on my Windows 10 workstation, let's call them 'A' and 'B'. Each of these user accounts have valid separate Microsoft online accounts, let's call them 'X' and 'Y' respectively, however these Microsoft accounts were deliberately
    not used or associated with the local accounts during their creation.

User 'A' has the primary email account 'X' associated with it, as displayed in 'Your Info'. User 'B' was also (incorrectly and unintentionally) updated so it is now also associated with the primary email account 'X'. Therefore, now both local user accounts
    are trying to connect to Microsoft account 'X' to sync, which is obviously not desired.

What I am wanting to do is to change the email address associated with the local user account 'B' to use email address 'Y' instead of 'X', without having to delete and recreate the local user account.
    I can't add an alias or any other convoluted solution to the Microsoft online accounts as both X & Y accounts are still valid are meant to be separate so making changes to the respective accounts online doesn't make any sense. I can add email account
    'Y' to the list in "Accounts used by other apps" but cannot remove account 'X' from the list. I also can find no way to change the email address in the 'sync your settings' options.

For some strange reason there appears to be no logical way to do this. I have tried a few changes in the registry, however, they did not persist so I am guessing the changes are required elsewhere.
    What am I missing, because I expected this to be a reasonably simple problem to resolve?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

iwalkinshadow, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you are trying to
    change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account?

To change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account refer the following article. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Sue_781 Win User

Change email address associated with Windows 10 user

How to change Windows 10 administrator email address

I have have a new email address which I use to log into my Microsoft account. However, the old email address (which no longer works) is still associated with the administrator account on my PC. I am the only user and have no other accounts on the device.

How can I change the old administrator email address to the new one?

There are numerous posts on the MS community on this problem but none actually state what to do. I need a step-by-step instruction sheet Change email address associated with Windows 10 user :)

Can anyone help?

Sue

Sue_781, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Change email address associated with Windows 10 user

1. Change email address associated with Windows 10 user - Similar Threads - Change email address

2. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  3. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  4. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  5. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  6. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. need to change email address associated with my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change email address associated with my account: How do i go about changing old email address in my account Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-email-address-associated-with-my/e925b368-172e-4b34-9286-5f39043bca45
  8. Windows 10 user - how to I change the email address associated to it.

Windows 10 user - how to I change the email address associated to it.: I have had a microsoft account forever. The email address is obsolete and I had an alias with my current email address used as login. A supplier I work with wouldn't allow me to use the alias to access their Onecloud files they wanted to share. I changed it to my primary...
  9. How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account?

How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account?: On my local system... when I go to "Settings/Accounts/Your info" or "Settings/Accounts/Email & accounts", the shown account email is incorrect and does not jive with my Microsoft online account email. Yesterday I was having trouble accessing my MS online account, including...
  10. How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account: Alright, so my issue is that I set up my Microsoft account on my Win10 laptop back when Win10 first released. At the time it was associated with an older email account that I have since changed to a new gmail account. I was able to go into my Microsoft account settings online...