Windows 10: Change email associated with Microsoft account

Discus and support Change email associated with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sputnik1000, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Change email associated with Microsoft account

Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which will soon disappear, so I need to update my information at Microsoft.Co-incidentally I was looking at something else this morning and I noticed a notice which indicated that the Windows product was licensed to me under.... my old email address.I went in to my profile settings on the PC and clicked 'manage' but there didn't

:)

Sputnik1000, Feb 14, 2022

2. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 14, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Change email associated with Microsoft account

change microsoft account email

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you need to change the email address associated with the user account, first you have to switch the login account to

Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and provide the desired Email ID to that user account.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to All settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Sign in with Local account instead and follow the on screen instructions.

• And again change it Microsoft account provide the new Microsoft Email account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

Change email associated with Microsoft account

1. Change email associated with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Change email associated

2. Change microsft account associated email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change microsft account associated email: i'm trying to set up a new alienware pc, problem is my microsoft account is tied to my old work email. I no longer work for that company and want to switch to my gmail so i don't lose all my data and xbox data. but i can't access my old email to get the verification code....
  3. Change microsft account associated email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change microsft account associated email: i'm trying to set up a new alienware pc, problem is my microsoft account is tied to my old work email. I no longer work for that company and want to switch to my gmail so i don't lose all my data and xbox data. but i can't access my old email to get the verification code....
  4. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  5. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  6. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  7. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  8. Changing email associated with account

9. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  10. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...