Windows 10: change email id for windows

Discus and support change email id for windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have submitted wrong email id for my windows,how i change my email id,although outlook id is correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AtulKumar7, Nov 2, 2019.

1. change email id for windows

I have submitted wrong email id for my windows,how i change my email id,although outlook id is correct

:)

AtulKumar7, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 change of login email

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

To change the email address you need to first convert the Microsoft user account to local account and then again switching it back to Microsoft User account using different email id. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

Disconnecting the account:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Provide password and click on Next.
    • Provide the details and click on Sign out and Finish.
    Sign in with the local account and follow the below given steps.

Reconnect with new Microsoft email id :

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Provide New Email id and password that you want to add.
    • Provide the details and click on Sign out and Finish.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 2, 2019
  4. change email id for windows

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

change email id for windows

1. change email id for windows - Similar Threads - change email

2. I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it...: I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it will take effect after 05/13/2024. Why does this update take so long?...
  3. I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it...: I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it will take effect after 05/13/2024. Why does this update take so long?...
  4. I have attempted to change the email address for my Microsoft account and it is saying it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I change my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my email address: How can I change my old email address to my new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-address/4e8f1b04-bef8-4dfc-bd97-6a7364206f54
  6. how do I change my email address

how do I change my email address: How can I change my old email address to my new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-address/4e8f1b04-bef8-4dfc-bd97-6a7364206f54
  7. how do I change my email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Admin email address need to change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin email address need to change: Today In my office I got a new laptop and I sign in wrongly with my personal Gmail account. Acutally I need to use the office email address. From the account setting it showing that gmail as the admin, but my cmonpay they created the Microsoft 365 office for me and I want to...
  9. Admin email address need to change

Admin email address need to change: Today In my office I got a new laptop and I sign in wrongly with my personal Gmail account. Acutally I need to use the office email address. From the account setting it showing that gmail as the admin, but my cmonpay they created the Microsoft 365 office for me and I want to...
  10. I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account

I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account: I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account. was considering closing Microsoft completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-changing-my-email-on-my-microsoft/40e488c8-a946-46db-8e41-aab8aaa2ce4d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change in email id in windows phone