Windows 10: Change encryption method with PowerShell

Discus and support Change encryption method with PowerShell in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, As the title says, is it possible to change the already in place encryption with a PowerShell script that might say: decypher -> change to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snakeulescu, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Change encryption method with PowerShell

Hi guys,

As the title says, is it possible to change the already in place encryption with a PowerShell script that might say: decypher -> change to AES-256 -> Enable?

I have around 900 devices that have been encrypted with default and now ITSec want's to change the encryption.

I am trying to find a way to automate this process, as we have Intune and can deploy that script for example.

Any other suggestion would be appreciated as well.

submitted by /u/Snakeulescu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snakeulescu, Feb 10, 2021

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Feb 10, 2021
  3. KeithM Win User
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Change encryption method with PowerShell

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Change encryption method with PowerShell

1. Change encryption method with PowerShell - Similar Threads - Change encryption method

2. Need to change payment method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to change payment method: Hello I need to change my payment method. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-payment-method/c1d100f0-20da-4cdb-b3ce-054eae810800
  3. Need to change payment method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change payment method: Hello I need to change my payment method. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-payment-method/c1d100f0-20da-4cdb-b3ce-054eae810800
  4. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method: Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?...
  5. Billing Method Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Billing Method Change: My DEBIT card expired in September 2020 and I did not get a new card until 10/2020. I have not been able to pay my bill or update my new card to pay my MSN internet service. I was able to update my card to pay for Microsoft Office 365. This should be a easy process from your...
  6. How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change BitLocker Encryption method & Cipher Strength in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 uses XTS-AES 128 bit by default for operating system drives as well as fixed data drives – and AES-CBC 128 bit by default for removable data drives. In this post, we will show you how to set a [...] This post How to change BitLocker Encryption...
  7. method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL

in Windows 10 Customization
    method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL: how do I recover my all files including video, pdfs ? . these files are now encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL. Every folder containd a text document of JIASIHDVL-MANUAL which contains the following message ---= GANDCRAB V5.2 =---...
  8. Google introduces Adiantum encryption method for Android devices

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces Adiantum encryption method for Android devices: [ATTACH] Storage encryption protects your data if your phone falls into someone else's hands. Adiantum is an innovation in cryptography designed to make storage encryption more efficient for devices without cryptographic acceleration, to ensure that all devices can be...
  9. Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10: How to: Change BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10 How to Set Default BitLocker Encryption Method and Cipher Strength in Windows 10 You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...
  10. Encryption Password change

in Windows 10 Support
    Encryption Password change: I read that if a folder is encrypted and I change my login password, then I can't login to that folder anymore. I was testing that on my folder, I did encrypt it, now it's green, I went and changed my password and login again, but I still can access my encrypted folder....