Windows 10: Change explorer theme without changing default color

Discus and support Change explorer theme without changing default color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ikifar, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ikifar Win User

Change explorer theme without changing default color

I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other apps just not in explorer. Any registry keys I can edit?

:)

ikifar, Oct 6, 2018

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2018
  3. File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the issue only occur with File explore window when you try to change the theme color?

• Can you elaborate more about the situation you are facing, when you say “File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color”?

• Do you sign in to the Windows 10 through Microsoft/Local account?
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Change explorer theme without changing default color

How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Change explorer theme without changing default color

1. Change explorer theme without changing default color - Similar Threads - Change explorer theme

2. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  3. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  4. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stop themes changing the colors

Stop themes changing the colors: Every time you change themes the Colors setting reverts to white. Is there any way to force black when the theme changes? It's a tedious little step to switch it back to my preference....
  6. Change File Explorer to default theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File Explorer to default theme: I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't change the task bar color back to default after theme change.

Can't change the task bar color back to default after theme change.: Hi. I'm . I wanted to introduce myself but didn't know where. I joined so I could ask a question. I can't help people with thier problems, I can just ask ya'll for answeres for mine. So, if anyone can help me, please let me know. My problem is my task bar color changed when I...
  8. Can't change the task bar color back to default after theme change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change the task bar color back to default after theme change.: Hi. I'm . I wanted to introduce myself but didn't know where. I joined so I could ask a question. I can't help people with thier problems, I can just ask ya'll for answeres for mine. So, if anyone can help me, please let me know. My problem is my task bar color changed when I...
  9. Color changing theme

Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...
  10. CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors

CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors: When you click on the arrow beside the "fill color" or "font color" icons you see a drop down that has Theme Colors and also Standard colors. The Standard colors has a limit of only 10 colors that are selected when you first start using Excel. These are colors you predict...