Windows 10: Change Family members account password

Discus and support Change Family members account password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am the administrator on my laptop and I need to know how to change a family members password, the one that when you start your computer and you have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JessicaKelly5, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Change Family members account password

I am the administrator on my laptop and I need to know how to change a family members password, the one that when you start your computer and you have accounts on the start up page

:)

JessicaKelly5, Aug 26, 2021
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Change Family members account password

removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Change Family members account password

1. Change Family members account password - Similar Threads - Change Family members

2. How to change the password of a family member?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  3. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  4. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  6. change family member status

change family member status: my wife joined the family group as a child. how do we change it to 'adult'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-family-member-status/7826ff98-9b31-4e60-a5f1-b58a797f2862
  7. Family Member password change from parent account

Family Member password change from parent account: My son got logged out of his Microsoft account with newest software upgrade on his tablet. He and I can not remember his password. How do i reset it using the parent account that is mine?...
  8. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...