Windows 10: Change File Download to Correct File

Discus and support Change File Download to Correct File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tommy seaghdha, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Change File Download to Correct File

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016.

I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the RMD file is identified as a PDF.

How do I change the file back to an RMD file and/or have the original file download correctly with the RMD file and not as a PDF file?

Thank you,

Tommy

[Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016]

:)

tommy seaghdha, Aug 10, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Luka KLLP Win User
    Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Change File Download to Correct File

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Change File Download to Correct File

1. Change File Download to Correct File - Similar Threads - Change File Download

2. Files not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not opening correctly: I accidentally set my .txt files to open with notepad, now I can't get it to change. I've tried resetting my default app's, when i click Open With -> It only shows Notepad, Word, Paint, and some others, and I don't know how to reset it to the default....
  3. Correct Download Folders File path

Correct Download Folders File path: My default download folder was Downloads in C: Drive I moved location to my Partioned I: drive for more space. I did not name it correctly and it appears in File explorerI[ATTACH]...
  4. Change File to Correct File

Change File to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the RMD...
  5. Download format files. How to change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download format files. How to change?: So i am trying to get a file downloaded but it keeps downloading as a Photoshop file. how do i change the default way that it downloads to like a pdf or a jpg. submitted by /u/dovice_YT [link] [comments]...
  6. Files are not saved correctly?

Files are not saved correctly?: When I download files from an email and save them in a folder, then start the Explorer and look inside the folder, the previously saved files are not there. But if I save the same files again from the same mail and select the same folder, the previously saved files are...
  7. Downloads File changes when a download is added

Downloads File changes when a download is added: Request: Microsoft Windows File Explorer Downloads. When we download to our Downloads File The file changes from a single Alphabetical list TO 4 Non-alphabetical sub-files. Let that change be MY choice, not yours for me!!....
  8. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  9. My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer file tab, and changing download file format: I want to download qif files. I couldn't open them and by mistake I right-clicked Open with and selected Notepad to see if there was any data in the file. Now i want to go back to default qif but I can't see how to do that. I have tried to get My Computer icon on my...
  10. downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx: I have tried to download an Excel (.xls extension) from a web site I use. On download I get a file with a .xlsx extension which will not open in Windows Office 2010. I successfully downloaded the file using Chromodo so I assume there is something corrupting the download via...