Windows 10: Change File Explorer to default theme

Discus and support Change File Explorer to default theme in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SofiaMika, Oct 12, 2020.

1. SofiaMika Win User

Change File Explorer to default theme

I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like

Change File Explorer to default theme 1c3008c4-804b-4bf5-94b0-0065edb5563a?upload=true.png

:)

SofiaMika, Oct 12, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern related to changing the File Explorer theme from Dark to Light.

You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to change the theme to Light.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Personalization
    3. At the left hand pane select Colors
    4. Now on the right hand side under Choose your color select the drop down to
      Light

If you have any further queries, please do let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Phil D Win User

File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

Hello! First time posting here.

I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists.

I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default:

Change File Explorer to default theme [​IMG]

to this:

Change File Explorer to default theme [​IMG]

Notice they are folder icons with the unique icon picture 'overlay'

Brief history:
    • I have had my HP Spectre x360 15 (4K touch display) for about 6 weeks.
    • Initial file transfer was done using Windows (7) Easy Transfer (migwiz) which I have used on other machines without incident. Using the advanced selection; no settings were transferred, just Documents, Pictures, Music, Video.
    • I do not use any outside themes; just experimented a few times using the built in HP themes.
    • I have gone so far as to try overriding the current icons using the registry modifications mentioned in this Ten Forums post: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10
    • When I tried the suggestions in Option One, the only change which occurred was that the unique icon picture was removed and only the plain folder icon remained. Yet the registry entries outlined in Option 2 “Change Icons of Folders in This PC for All Users” all appear to be correct.
    • There are no “exotic” programs on the computer – just Office 365, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements, Bootstrap Studio, Inkscape, etc.
    Purchased at the same time was an HP Envy x360 laptop which is almost identical in specifications and installed programs except it has a regular Full HD touch screen (1920x1080). The Navigation Pane icons there are the expected 'default' as shown in the second screenshot.

Any ideas what may have caused this and any suggestions how to get the default icons back?

Phil D, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Change File Explorer to default theme - Similar Threads - Change File Explorer

2. Change the default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  3. How to change default file explorer?

How to change default file explorer?: I just downloaded an app from Microsoft store called Files - Preview it's a really good app and I would like to use it as default file explorer I looked in the app and there isn't an option for it also no options for it on default apps submitted by /u/Kat_TRL [link]...
  4. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  5. Change windows default file Explorer

Change windows default file Explorer: I have downloaded the Files file explorer as it has tabs. How would I change it to be the default explorer? I want win+e to open it and it to open when invoking the explorer from other programs. submitted by /u/InTheKnow_12 [link] [comments]...
  6. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  7. File Explorer, changing theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer, changing theme: I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?...
  8. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme: I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text? ***Original title: Windows File Explorer***...
  9. Change File Explorer Default Setting

Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  10. Change explorer theme without changing default color

Change explorer theme without changing default color: I do not like the new explorer dark theme. Is there anyway I can change it without changing the default app mode because I like the dark theme in other apps just not in explorer. Any registry keys I can edit?...