Windows 10: Change file extension for Notepad ++

Discus and support Change file extension for Notepad ++ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ran multiple searches and hard to believe this hasn't been covered but ... I need to find 'Change Program' in the list of file extensions under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mustachio, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

Change file extension for Notepad ++

Ran multiple searches and hard to believe this hasn't been covered but ...

I need to find 'Change Program' in the list of file extensions under Default Programs>"Associate a file type or protocol".

Thank you.

P.S. Also if the site's search can't find Notepad ++ (with or without quotes) or 'default file type' I'm thinking something's not right in a database or something.

:)

Mustachio, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Change file extension for Notepad ++

1. Change file extension for Notepad ++ - Similar Threads - Change file extension

2. Remove (not change) file extension association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove (not change) file extension association: I mistakenly associated a file extension with .pdf. I've found many instructions on how to change (swap) the file associate from one extension to the other, but how do you remove the association completely and return it to "Choose a default" ?? This user was very helpful...
  3. change file extension to open by another program

in Windows 10 Customization
    change file extension to open by another program: i have a weird issue that randomly .xls will opens default with excel citrix. after one-off manual change to open by excel using GUI, it will be fine. how do i change it for all computers? i tried using command ftype Excel.Sheet.8="C:\Program Files\Microsoft...
  4. Changing file extension of all files in the folder

Changing file extension of all files in the folder: I don't know how to change extensions of all files in my folder. All files don't have any extension and I dont know how to do it with powershell. How do I change it so all of them have extensions?...
  5. program will not open- change file type associated with a file extension

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program will not open- change file type associated with a file extension: I went to control panel, file, and when I click on "change the file type associated with a file extension" the window opens with the blue screen and the file icon in the center but never actually opens up at all....
  6. Bat File to change notepad text

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat File to change notepad text: Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory. for example running it would produce this result: Run .Bat line of text in file changes to the current directory of .bat Anyone know any help with...
  7. How to change a file extension

How to change a file extension: How do I change a file extension or file type in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-file-extension/f430aae6-5a42-4b76-b2f4-f45a21f6c8a8"
  8. file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  9. downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx: I have tried to download an Excel (.xls extension) from a web site I use. On download I get a file with a .xlsx extension which will not open in Windows Office 2010. I successfully downloaded the file using Chromodo so I assume there is something corrupting the download via...
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899