Windows 10: Change File to Correct File

Discus and support Change File to Correct File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tommy seaghdha, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Change File to Correct File

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016.

I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I

tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the RMD file is identified as a PDF.

How do I change the file back to an RMD file and/or have the original file download correctly with the RMD file and not as a PDF

file?

Thank you,
    Tommy

:)

tommy seaghdha, Aug 9, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 9, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Change File to Correct File

Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Change File to Correct File

1. Change File to Correct File - Similar Threads - Change File Correct

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  4. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JAR files will not open correctly: so I'm trying to download JAR files for my game and they download just fine but as soon as I open them it brings me to my files and makes me save it,I save the file and I try to open it but it does the same thing again. it just keeps asking me to save the file. I have looked...
  5. Files not opening correctly

Files not opening correctly: I accidentally set my .txt files to open with notepad, now I can't get it to change. I've tried resetting my default app's, when i click Open With -> It only shows Notepad, Word, Paint, and some others, and I don't know how to reset it to the default....
  6. Change File Download to Correct File

Change File Download to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the...
  7. User Files Not Working Correctly??

User Files Not Working Correctly??: I'm not quite sure what to label this problem and I'm not too tech savvy so bear with me here. So I first noticed this problem today when I saw that several new shortcuts were added to my desktop called "Network" "This PC" "Control Panel" and another file that had my name on...
  8. Files are not saved correctly?

Files are not saved correctly?: When I download files from an email and save them in a folder, then start the Explorer and look inside the folder, the previously saved files are not there. But if I save the same files again from the same mail and select the same folder, the previously saved files are...
  9. Files not opening with correct app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not opening with correct app: I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a file type in Windows File Explorer, it always opens with the Films & TV app. I've reset it in vain several times by using...
  10. Open eml files correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Open eml files correctly: What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273