Windows 10: Change file view

Discus and support Change file view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to change File Explorer > Hidden via code? I tried the following, but it will not change the registry value; Regedit flashes, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jan 11, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

Change file view

Is there a way to change File Explorer > Hidden via code? I tried the following, but it will not change the registry value; Regedit flashes, but the value remains as set in File Explorer:
    Code:
    :)

rdwray, Jan 11, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Jan Del Win User
    File view changed since other day update.

Hi,

Changing the view of your files on the File Explorer window will allow you to access and locate the file properly depending on your preferred preference. We suggest following these steps to change the file explorer view:

• Open the your OneDrive folder/File explorer.
    • Right-click on an empty space.
    • Select View on the drop-down menu.
    • Select your preferred view type.

Change file view 4330d219-289a-4867-86df-a26b382733d7?upload=true.png

Note: Each folder have it's own individual setting. That means each of the folder has it's own set up view that you may need to change manually.

Let us know if you have other queries

**If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Jan Del, Jan 11, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change file view

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Change file view

1. Change file view - Similar Threads - Change file view

2. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  3. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  4. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out: the options to change the view from large icons is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-folder-view-options-for-changing-the-view/70c13404-1fa8-47aa-a9da-96d6835b8ce1
  5. Change setting for file view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change setting for file view: How do I change the default setting for file view? For example when I save a file or navigate the Windows Explorer. Current (default) setting in my system is large thumbnails while I want details view-mode...
  6. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

9. Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files": Hello I have Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) I noticed that my hidden files could not be viewed, and after exhausting multiple options I just created a new User Profile. Now this new User profile has the issue, and I do not want to keep on creating new...
  10. Windows file explorer view changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer view changed: Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive. Now I have something like in the attached...