Windows 10: Change first boot image (before PIN request)

Discus and support Change first boot image (before PIN request) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm very tired of looking at that cave with two rocks outside. How can I get at that startup image to change it? It is the first thing that comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Kupuna Win User

Change first boot image (before PIN request)

I'm very tired of looking at that cave with two rocks outside. How can I get at that startup image to change it? It is the first thing that comes up after the OS boot options screen closes.. Win 10 21H1-19043

:)

Kupuna, Aug 14, 2021

2. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Aug 14, 2021
  3. PaulQ_602 Win User
    On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I get it to show the PIN screen?

This is only an issue on RESTART. When I am powering on from being off, I get the normal blue screen with the PIN request, option to enter the recovery, etc.

When I restart, I watch it close everything, then the screen goes black. My keyboard is backlit so it lights up and that's when I know it is waiting for a PIN. I can enter the PIN blindly, hit enter, and it boots up. Everything works except it doesn't show
    the blue PIN screen. I am just estimating when it is ready and entering the PIN.

I have tried a lot of things:

• Updating the BIOS - no change
    • Check Windows Update - no updates needed
    • Plug the monitor into the built-in graphics adapter (instead of my installed card) - No change
    • Scan system files - No change and everything good
    • Turn off fast boot - No change
    • Tried this as suggested on numerous sites: bfsvc.exe %windir%\boot /v
    • There was another command-line approach that I can't recall
    • Installing the driver for my monitor - no change

Anyone have experience with the blank, black PIN request screen? I'd love to have a normal PIN request.

If this doesn't work, I may remove the PIN but it looks like that's complicated.

Thanks!

PaulQ_602, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Change first boot image (before PIN request)

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Change first boot image (before PIN request)

1. Change first boot image (before PIN request) - Similar Threads - Change boot image

2. Boot image doesn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot image doesn't change: For the past couple months, the boot image won't change. I've checked settings and Lock Screen Background is set to "Windows spotlight" but I keep seeing the same image one I don't care for. How can I get the boot image to go back to changing?Thanks...
  3. Boot image doesn't change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot image doesn't change: For the past couple months, the boot image won't change. I've checked settings and Lock Screen Background is set to "Windows spotlight" but I keep seeing the same image one I don't care for. How can I get the boot image to go back to changing?Thanks...
  4. Boot image doesn't change

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows change pin request on child's account - constant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows change pin request on child's account - constant: Hi - my son's laptop constantly asks him to change his pin to log into Windows. Has to be 6 digits and cannot re-use a previously input combination. It wouldn't normally be a problem however it asks to change every time he uses the laptopI cannot find an option to disable or...
  6. Windows change pin request on child's account - constant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows change pin request on child's account - constant: Hi - my son's laptop constantly asks him to change his pin to log into Windows. Has to be 6 digits and cannot re-use a previously input combination. It wouldn't normally be a problem however it asks to change every time he uses the laptopI cannot find an option to disable or...
  7. Windows change pin request on child's account - constant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Image BEFORE Login

Image BEFORE Login: Somehow, the screen prior to me logging in on my Surface Tablet started showing one of my photos. How do I change it or reset the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-before-login/e324f492-6e0b-4660-9471-928fa15767f6
  9. Rejected PIN # after requesting change of sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Rejected PIN # after requesting change of sign in: I am unable to sign in after changing PIN #on my laptop; even original password to sign in was not accepted. Now I am unable to access account. I've established signing in from another tower PC but I wish to access the laptop. How do I resolve this situation with the rejected...
  10. Change the Boot image!

Change the Boot image!: Is is possible to change the Win 10 Boot background image/picture [ I don't mean the Lock/Login screen! ] please. Thanks in advance. 151903