Windows 10: Change folder name in This PC

Discus and support Change folder name in This PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 and I'm customizing some default folder to match my settings in my windows 7. I got a little problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by markblank05, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Change folder name in This PC

Hi, I just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 and I'm customizing some default folder to match my settings in my windows 7. I got a little problem and it's really annoying me. Here is the screenshot of my This PC

Change folder name in This PC [​IMG]

as you can see, I change the windows default folder for downloads to drive F:\. How can I make it to show the drive name instead of drive letter? I used the same steps I do in windows 7 and it was working, but in windows 10, it change the download folder to drive letter. Does anyone knows how to edit this? Thanks

:)

markblank05, Aug 15, 2015

2. Change Default Name in Users Folder

Hi Vincent,

Renaming User Account folder in Windows 10 is currently not available for Microsoft. You may need to create a new Local User account to resolve your concern.

We recommend that you check this
    article
    and follow the steps provided Greg Carmack- Windows MVP on how to change User Account folder in Windows 10.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 15, 2015
  3. VincentAP Win User
    Change Default Name in Users Folder

Hi,

I would like to know how can I change my default Users folder name. I have reinstalled Windows for a several times now due to hardware changes. Every time I install Windows and setup my Microsoft account, it uses my old name from previous install which is
    "aljoh." I now want to change it to "Aljohn" so it would be like that when I install the OS and setup my Microsoft account in the future.

VincentAP, Aug 15, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Change folder name in This PC

Downloads is a system folder.
    Try restoring to default by selecting Restore Default

The name "Downloads" will stay even if the location has changed.

Don't know if what you want to do is possible.

5. The problem is when the target is a partition, the download folder change to partition drives, but when I try to move it on a folder, the name didnt change, so is there a way to change the name of that?

markblank05, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change folder name in This PC

1. Change folder name in This PC - Similar Threads - Change folder name

2. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  3. Documents folder name change

Documents folder name change: I accidently changed the name of the Documents folder to D: trying to redirect its location to my D:Data drive. Does anyone know how I can change it back to Documents?...
  4. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  5. How to change the name of this folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of this folder?: https://i.imgur.com/wnIWHkK.png Can't upload the image for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-this-folder/93bad2b5-a6f7-41af-b0dc-da05220e1b70
  6. Changing User folder name ??

Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  7. Root folder name change

Root folder name change: Hey, i have question, is there any way to change root user name that appears in C:\Users folder, actually i have space between my first name and last name, and i am using few software using command prompt, but they are not working due to space between first name and last...
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...