Windows 10: Change Folder Template in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Folder Template in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Should this work for network folders too? I have connected some shared folders from my NAS into a new created library called "NAS-Music". But whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Michael, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Change Folder Template in Windows 10

Should this work for network folders too? I have connected some shared folders from my NAS into a new created library called "NAS-Music". But whatever I try, I can't get applied my desired view to all subfolders.
    Is it not possible to create a custom "MyMusic" library template and then use it like "Music" or "Pictures" from the drop-down menu?

Any other idea how I can set my additional columns for the template "Music" once and then apply this view to all subfolders in my library? (I have too many subfolders to set my view manually).

WTenNewbie, Nov 23, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello WTenNewbie, *Smile

It works for my mapped network drives for a USB hard drive connected to the router.

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  3. WTenNewbie, Nov 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Folder Template in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Strange thing: The button "Apply to Folders" is greyed out, it doesn't seems to work for a shared directory from a NAS in a library. *Confused

WTenNewbie, Nov 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Double check to make sure that you have opened Folder Options from within the same File Explorer window from the ribbon instead of from the Control Panel.

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  7. TG2
    TG2 Win User
    @Brink sorry but you have one thing wrong.. you can't select the *drive* and choose customize, its not there.

the view that applies for "drive" type items is hidden in the registry somewhere.

The 5 main views don't account for all of them .. as several have mentioned about plugging in a phone .. "media" type devices over USB, etc..

Its one of "those things" that microsoft chose to let us have a peak at .. but not fully control. Personally I'm still looking for the "full control" option because I want *ALL* folders to start one specific way .. the Details view.

I would happily accept having *every* folder set to details.. so long as the "Remember folder view" option is enabled (*and that's if the "remember folder view" selection is still available for you in your version of windows .. its not there in windows 10 update.. not the Creators one.. the release just previous).

I would use this option to set EVERY folder to details.. then would go into "This PC" and set that view to grouped icons .. and back in the day, these views also modified how we would see the Control Panel .. so yes. I'd choose a details view.. and then manually set Control Panel back to icons ... and have it save *THAT* folders' view for just itself..

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @TG2, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can change the template of a drive using Option One in the tutorial, but just not for the Windows C: drive.

Brink, Apr 22, 2017
  9. vijer Win User
    Hopefully, this new bat file does the trick. I like every folder to show the detail view with only the name and the date modified columns. Tedious to have do this after Windows Insider updates.

vijer, Jun 9, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 9, 2017
  11. Outcast Win User
    Hi all, anyway to restore Desktop folder to General Items template? For some reason or something, mine has become Music template.

Change Folder Template in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Outcast, Jun 30, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 1, 2017
  13. Outcast Win User

Tried it, doesn't work.

Outcast, Jul 1, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It should have cleared all folder view settings to restore them back to default.

Did you use Option One?

Brink, Jul 1, 2017
  15. Outcast Win User
    Hmm, now resetting to default works. Thanks Brink

P.S. By the way there is no Customize folder option in system folders e.g. Desktop.

Change Folder Template in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Outcast, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Change Folder Template in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Folder Template

2. How to change Library folder template on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Library folder template on Windows 10: If you want to change the view or template of Library folders on Windows 10, then this guide will be handy for you. There is more than one method to use to get a different look for your Library folders. Library folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) come as...
  3. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  4. folder template auto detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder template auto detection: Hi, I would love my windows explorer to always show folders in "list" view pretty simple wish, right?. Now, I understand that this would be silly for, say the desktop, and there may be other folders that have to be except from the general rule. I further understand that...
  5. built-in folder templates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  6. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....
  7. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...
  8. Changing Built-In Folder View Templates For Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Built-In Folder View Templates For Windows Explorer: Hi everyone, In short, Windows 10 Anniversary has some nasty Windows Explorer (aka Windows File Explorer) habits which didn't exist in previous versions, so I'm trying to find a way to work around them until Microsoft gets off its behind and fixes them. The specific...
  9. Windows choice folder template chaotic

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows choice folder template chaotic: When I create a new folder on desktop or elsewhere (no files in it yet) it chooses as template "video" or sometimes "music" but not "general items". When I copy nested folders with files, which all have the template "general items", to a new location all these folders get...
  10. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows folder 2template by redmen08