Windows 10: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Merry, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Merry Win User

Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10

Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that are optimized for the same folder template type.

This tutorial will show you how to set a custom default folder view for all folders for your account in Windows 10.

Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note The view settings will not be applied to libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes.

Here's How:

1. Set a default folder template to have all folders to be optimized for a General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos type.

2. When finished, Apply to Folders a view you like to all folders.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Merry, Oct 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Setting Up A Custom Default Folder View For ALL New Folders

Windows 10 - Setting Up A Custom Default Folder View For ALL New Folders

We would like to set up a default folder view and then have every new folder created open with that default folder view.

Each time we need to create a new folder:

1...right click on an empty space on desktop and select new folder,

2...open folder view,

3...select details view,

4...manually remove columns one by one in the details view that we do not need,

5...right click on the column titles and select "more...",

6...navigate the long list of column titles and add all the columns that we do need.

We create millions of folders and have to setup each new folder's view manually, every time. We would like to set-up a default folder view enabling every new folder created to open with the custom default folder view we have created. With the obvious benefit
    of lowering the steps it takes to create a new folder with the folder view customized setting already in place from six down to just one.

Have I over looked a setting in Folder view options or is this not something that is possible yet in windows 10?

In advance I thank you for any insight, tips or tricks you may be able to provide.

Thanks Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 :)

47.4theMiX, Oct 19, 2016
  3. How can I set a default so that files and folders are displayed using the view option "LIST"

Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout settings.

2. Navigate to the View tab in ribbon bar on the top and change the settings per your wish. You can change the layout and choose the folder details to display, add extra panes, adjust column width, etc.

Set a default Folder View for all folders

3. Once done with the changes, click Options to open Folder Options window.

4. Click the View tab in Folder Options window.

5. Click on Apply to Folders button.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

6. Click Yes on the confirmation window that pops up.

How to apply a folder's view settings to all folders in Windows 10

7. Click OK on the Folder Options window to save the settings.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Merry,

It depends on if you want to apply a default folder view to all other folders in File Explorer or not. *Wink

You will still be able to manually apply a folder view to libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes though.

Brink, Oct 19, 2016
  5. Merry Win User
    If I understand correctly, I must go folder by folder manually applying my preferred view, and do so again every time there is an update and MS, as we all know, sets everything back to their ways. Ther is no magical solution to choose folder setting and be able to keep them, correct?

Merry, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There's not an easy way to quickly set folder views for all libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes.

Once you have your folder views set how you like, you can back them up to be able to quickly and easily restore as needed afterwards.

How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 19, 2016
  7. Hello, are you sure that windows will remember the columns ? I cannot achieve this on my computer. Thank you.

buythiscomputer, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello buythiscomputer, *Smile

If you did all the steps in the tutorial on the first page, your folder view should be applied to all folders.

Just to note, view settings will not be applied to libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Default Folder

2. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  7. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  8. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  9. Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the File Explorer window size, layout view of items in your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i set folders and sub folders back to default permission windows 10

2. set folders to list by default in old windows

3. default display option for all folders windows 10

4. set default folder view windows 10,
  5. windows 10 set folder settings ,
  6. make all new folders general setting windows,
  7. windows 10 how to make list default folder view,
  8. windows 10 set details as default on all folders,
  9. windows 10 default folder view to list