Windows 10: Change Folder's Time Stamp

Discus and support Change Folder's Time Stamp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, How can I change timestamp of a folder. Searching the net I found many "how to's", but only for files, not for folders. Is it possible ? if yes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Change Folder's Time Stamp

Hello,
    How can I change timestamp of a folder. Searching the net I found many "how to's", but only for files, not for folders.
    Is it possible ? if yes, then how to do it.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

System :1809 17763.864

:)

Motim, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Lynn 696 Win User

Change time stamp/time zone on photos in Windows 10

Is there any way to change the time stamp on photos in Windows 10? I followed the steps to do so in Windows Photo Viewer. It shows that the time was changed, but when I look at the photos in their original folder, the time has not been changed. It doesn't
    matter whether the time stamp was changed on an individual photo or batch changed.

There is no information on how to do this in Windows 10. There is never any information on my particular questions for Windows 10. I always include "Windows 10" in my search terms, but the responses are always several years old, and for Windows 7 or Windows
    8. Is Windows 10 supported?

Thank you

Lynn 696, Nov 22, 2019
  3. GPS Location With Time Stamp Software?

My step-mother just bought some cheapo portable GPS from Best Buy. has a camera onboard and stamps the images as you request. Saves them on the GPS, but can be easily offloaded at the end of the day. I want to say it was a budget model Garmin.

sneekypeet, Nov 22, 2019
  4. SongeCake Win User

Wrong time stamp on received text message

I know this this thread is a few months old and there are quite a few other similar ones on the net, so I want to add this in case it helps anyone. It is relevant to many newer Nokia phones, including the Nokia X6.

To sort out the time-stamp issue (it seems obvious at first but the last bit is really crucial):

Select the 'Clock' > Options > Settings > Time Zone and change it to your local zone. This will render the message that as a consequence automatic time update will be switched off. Click to accept and continue.

Note that the phone's clock will have changed from what was previously the correct time for your location to something representing the correct time plus the erroneous time difference on your email time-stamps. Change the phone's 'Time' setting back to
    the correct time for your location.

Then change the 'Time Zone' back to 'Local Time'. You will be asked if you are travelling - state 'No', so that the phone understands you are correcting an error not just moving zones physically.

Go into 'Automatic Time Update' and switch it back on.

The issue seems to have been that the 'local time' was set to GMT -5 by default. The last two steps above redefine local time from the GMT -5 default to your own time-zone, and allow automatic time updates to be retained with the correct settings.

In short, it appears that 'Local Time' is not just another option to selecting a specific time-zone, but a variable containing one of the listed zones (which can be redefined as above) that allows automatic updates to said zone.

Once all done, try sending an email. If you have followed the above exactly, the time-stamp on it should be correct.

Good luck Change Folder's Time Stamp :)

SongeCake, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Folder's Time Stamp - Similar Threads - Change Folder's Stamp

2. Changing time stamp on Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing time stamp on Photo: How to Changing time stamp on Photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-time-stamp-on-photo/866d9125-f3ff-489b-b654-587d01c69bbb
  3. Changing time stamp on Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing time stamp on Photo: How to Changing time stamp on Photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-time-stamp-on-photo/866d9125-f3ff-489b-b654-587d01c69bbb
  4. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  5. Time stamps in ntbootlog

Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  6. Dim Time stamp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Time stamp.: Time stamp on bottom right side screen is dim how do I brighten it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-time-stamp/37c17694-72fe-491b-924b-aaaaad768988
  7. Changing time stamp on Photo using Windows Photo

Changing time stamp on Photo using Windows Photo: This issue has been asked previously but there is a way using Photos. 1. Open file in Photos 2. Open File Properties in . . . on right if not open. 3. Change Date and/or time using boxes. 4. Click check mark on bottom make sure the boxes return to white background 5. Go...
  8. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  9. How to change the format for file time stamps

How to change the format for file time stamps: Googling yielded only how to change the date itself. That is not what I want. I want theformat changed. Currently, file time stamp dates display as 2020-4-16. I want it to show as 16-04-2020 or 04-16-2020. The year is useless to me in the grand scheme of things. Going into...
  10. Date/Time Stamp

Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....