Windows 10: Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button"

Discus and support Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, When I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lincoln Kurian, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button"

Hello,

When I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black?

Thank you

:)

Lincoln Kurian, Jan 20, 2021
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 20, 2021
  3. RoshanV S Win User
    how do i change my font color on notebook computer in windows 10

Hi apers0n ,

I'm Roshan V S, Windows expert and a Windows user like you.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps:

You can change the font in any part of Windows (for example, menus). Changing a Windows font does not change your program fonts.

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Window Color and Appearance. If the Appearance Settings dialog box is not displayed, at the
    bottom of the page, click Open classic appearance properties.

2. Click Advanced.

3. In the Item list, click the part of Windows where you want to change the font. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list.

4. In the Font list, click the font you want to use.

5. In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

6. In the Color list, click the font color you want.

You may also try this to "Change the colors on your computer".

You can change the color of your window frames, the Start menu, and the taskbar.

1. Open Personalization by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Personalization.

2. Click Window Color and Appearance.

3. Under Window Color and Appearance, click the color you want, and then click OK.

I hope this helps. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Regards

Roshan V S

Independent Advisor

RoshanV S, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button"

Steve C, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button"

1. Change Font Color in Search Box near "Windows Start Button" - Similar Threads - Change Font Color

2. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  3. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  4. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.: Hi Everyone !Quite recently, I'm getting this issue in my System. I have dark theme enabled by default, and the normal color of my search box on the taskbar is black, but as soon as I :1. Start the system2. Run ANY application literally, any applicationThe search box...
  6. Change font color on "Type here to search" box

Change font color on "Type here to search" box: Hello, when I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black? Thank you Bob...
  7. windows start button and search box stopped working

in Cortana
    windows start button and search box stopped working: windows start button and search box stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-box-stopped/ad7b97bd-6e0d-4d84-a0f7-ea6634a7d8fe"
  8. Dropdown Box Font Color

Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  9. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  10. Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only: When I click the start button and start typing to search for something, I want it to search on my computer, not internet too. Can this be changed to do that? If I want to search the web I'll open Google. 5632